Farm Tractor

alldodge

Staff member
I'm looking for a farm tractor and will probably get a kubota, but will look at others. Thinking of a 60 sum tractor and doesn't need a loader but it would be a plus.

Was going to buy new with cab and at least 70HP, but the cab part came from the wife. Been using a friends open ROPS for the last few years (53hp). Have more land now and don't like the idea of using someone else stuff, so I put off things.

In any case found a couple on CL which caught my eye, so thinking about your thoughts
M6800 with LA1002 loader, 1630 hours and no year, has cab
M6040 with LA1153 loader, no hours listed, 2011 model and pics are pristine (as in were taken when tractor was first bought)

A 50 HP tractor would do me fine now, but thinking about doing more things and more land so going to need more power.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Mahindra makes a good tractor. Kubota makes a fantastic tractor

alldodge

Staff member
New type tractors give me the willies because they have not been out long. That said, they are made in S Korea which makes many very well made electronics, but hat isn't hevy machinery

Looking into a 12 to 15 foot bat wing mower.
Maybe a plow (2 to 4 bottom) or rotor tiller
Hay roller

The 50 hp tractor 4X4 now can do a 6 foot bush hog, but not much more when things get steep or wet

alldodge

Staff member
Currently have a RTV and a F3990 and they are great machines, so this is why I do like kubota, and JD is just not what it use to be

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I'm looking for a farm tractor and will probably get a kubota, but will look at others. Thinking of a 60 sum tractor and doesn't need a loader but it would be a plus.

A 50 HP tractor would do me fine now, but thinking about doing more things and more land so going to need more power.

I'm with Mr. dingbat! Why so much HP? I have Mahindra (28 HP 3 cyl) that has been a good unit for us.Package price 10K.
(Tractor;6'deck;box blade; 22' 4 wheel trailer). It pulls that deck easy; have used the 15' deck; the only problem was it used more fuel. Service problems: 2 batterys; 2 flats; and filters (Changed twice).

If you can find one at decent price; go for it.

Mahindra is made in India; heard they bought out IH.

82rude

Rear Admiral
At about 12 years old I was driving mid size masseys and ford tractors.In my very limited experience I was a big fan of big david -brown rigs.In the seventies the farmer that had the big david brown was the envy of all the men around the community.In 72 they were sold to Case.Excuse the reminiscing as it really doesn't apply to your situation.Kobota is very popular around here.Down the road in Michigan New -Holland is very popular.I would give the same advise here as I would for boats and motors.Good dealer support is invaluable.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have also been looking and the Kubota is a nice tractor, but I have also been looking at the Kioti tractors which are really popular in our area, they are both good tractors.

http://www.kioti.com/