Well I will be darned, Publishers Clearing House finally paid off! LOL!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My wife, religiously play PCH contests on the internet and has now for over 25 years, never got anything but subscribe to books mail from them...

Low and behold, I check the mail this morning and there is a envelope from PCH, very thin, so not their regular solicitation!

Normally, I throw PCH stuff in the trash these days, but this one I just threw in the seat, been sitting there for a few days now and I was heading for the dump, almost threw that sucker away!

Figured I would look before it went in the dumpster and it was a check for the awesome amount of $10.00

So 25+ years of playing their game and she finally won a prize!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you never know, the admiral may be getting more than just that one check....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
you never know, the admiral may be getting more than just that one check....

I don't think so, she is in Portland right now visiting her Mother and Daughter, but before that, she had not been anywhere for 6 months, I thought she had forgot how to drive! she rarely leaves the house these days, so I pick the mail up the majority of the time! That said, I normally only go to town a couple of times a week!

:lol:

dwco5051

Commander
I don't think so, she is in Portland right now visiting her Mother and Daughter, but before that, she had not been anywhere for 6 months, I thought she had forgot how to drive! she rarely leaves the house these days, so I pick the mail up the majority of the time! That said, I normally only go to town a couple of times a week!

:lol:

I think I may be married to her sister. I don't know if ten bucks would cover the stamps my wife uses in a year returning PCH forms BTW, her little Nissan Sentra was bought new in 2001 and it has less than 25,000 miles on it. Over the last five years it gets less than than 500 miles a year on it and has never spent one night not in the garage.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW MT, some people have all the luck. Of course the IRS will want their share. That is how it works for me anyways. I believe you are the very first person I've ever heard got anything from PCH. Maybe you should frame it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
WOW MT, some people have all the luck. Of course the IRS will want their share. That is how it works for me anyways. I believe you are the very first person I've ever heard got anything from PCH. Maybe you should frame it.

I agree GM, I about fell over when I opened that envelope!

:laugh:

dwco5051

Commander
About 15 years ago some woman who lived about 6 blocks from our other house won either 1 or 10 million ( I don't remember which) from PCH. That just solidified my wife's obsession with going to be a winner.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
It sounds as if this would make a great commercial for TV :) You should hire a tax laywer and have a limo bring you to the bank!

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
I just stick to the powerball or mega millions, if the go over 500 mil. I know the chances are beyond impossibly small, but it's still a fun way to waste $2 a few times a year.

dwco5051

Commander
I just stick to the powerball or mega millions, if the go over 500 mil. I know the chances are beyond impossibly small, but it's still a fun way to waste $2 a few times a year.

Lottery - Definition "A tax on people that are bad at math"