Always

aspeck

Staff member
Something we will never forget!

We may never forget, the the younger generation might never know about it ... new year's senior class in High School will be the class that was born just before, or after 911 occurred. There are so many High School kids that already don't have a clue ... that is why we need to remind them.

sangerwaker

Commander
So true aspeck. This guy will never forget......

50star.gif

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I spoke to a classroom of kids about it this morning. I have done this every single year since I retired in 2006 from the Army, my last post in the Military was at the Pentagon, my tour was suppose to start on the 15th of September 2001, I lost friends as well as other people I had served with on the 11th and the Pentagon was a mess the day I showed up.

I watched the second plane hit the towers and received a call about 30 minutes later ordering me to report to Fairchild Air Force Base on the evening of the 12th and I caught a transport on the morning of the 13th and flew to Washington DC(Reagan) and then on to the Pentagon.

It is a day I will never forget and I will continue to educate the newer generations on what the day means and what the impact was.

Rest in Peace to all who gave so much that day, we shall never forget!

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I knew that day what my Mom felt like when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. I think we all have less than 6 degrees of separation from someone that was there.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Lets not forget the people of Gander Newfoundland who took in thousands of scared and confused American airline passengers .God bless all 9/11 victims .Ive no doubt if roles were reversed the same would of happened as it did in 1917 after the great Halifax explosion when train loads of American volunteers rushed to give aid to a devastated city .

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Lets not forget the people of Gander Newfoundland who took in thousands of scared and confused American airline passengers .God bless all 9/11 victims .Ive no doubt if roles were reversed the same would of happened as it did in 1917 after the great Halifax explosion when train loads of American volunteers rushed to give aid to a devastated city .

Just watched a documentary on the Gander experience the other day, excellent.