getting really sick of Florida rain

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have a not so bright pal that dragged his family from Hamilton Ontario to Myrtle Beach last Saturday. I guess he doesn't get the weather network. They will have the place to themselves. No lineups for the Calabash diners at least.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I have a not so bright pal that dragged his family from Hamilton Ontario to Myrtle Beach last Saturday. I guess he doesn't get the weather network. They will have the place to themselves. No lineups for the Calabash diners at least.

My guess is your buddy will be sitting in a lot of traffic due to mandatory evacuations that have/will be declared... We had to bolt from Hilton Head Island several years ago when it was threatened by a hurricane, and the coastal traffic was horrendous.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Fingers crossed, my son and his wife and kids live right in the path of this sucker and he will be working as he is an EMT. I hope his wife and kids can get to high ground out of the path of this storm!

aspeck

Staff member
I have friends who moved to Myrtle Beach 1 month ago. Their "new" house is getting a new roof ... the contractors are working to get all the materials AROUND the house battened down ... forget about the roof! They have a mandatory evacuation and are prepping to leave today ... feel bad for them ...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I think my house is a rain magnet

Attachments

• photo301019.png
    photo301019.png
    613.1 KB · Views: 0

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
well if it makes you feel better WI is essentially a flood zone right now. too much rain for many months.
now that the rain has subsided a little the cooler temps are already moving in.

and yeah my boat goes in to be winterized next week :blue:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
A little early isnt it for winterizing, even in WI. I normally did it in late November

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Today is the 10th anniversary of Ike. This week one year ago; we had Harvey. With what we got now; parts of Houston and South are being evacuated; Prayers to you all over there.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
FIrst moved to Jacksonville in 1995. It rained everyday at 4:00 for 15 minutes the first year i was there. Never had an issue until last year. Hurricane Irma got me, $80,000 worth of damage. Here is the Seattle area, we get 40 inches a year on average. You can have all you want.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
A little early isnt it for winterizing, even in WI. I normally did it in late November

probably a little too early, but I have so much going on the next month or so I wouldn't get out much anyways.

shop said if it comes in in Sept they guarrantee it gets done quick, in Oct they might take weeks to get to it which could end with freezing. didn't want to risk that. poor boat has been through enough LOL

I did finish her comfy house this weekend though. 32 foot round top shed.