2018 NFL - Week 1

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm not going to tap out after just 1 game, most Bills fans do. Then they beat a good team and it's Kumbaya time. The Pagulas can afford to run a team into the ground, but not on purpose, I don't buy into the tank conspiracy theory, it's not good business and they know good business. I really hope they are not involved with the management of the day to day stuff but will make their presence known. It was the Pagula's that Rex pulled the wool over their eyes. As for Tyrod Taylor I enjoy watching him, sometimes. I scream "throw the ball!!!" I secretly liked the Browns in the old days when Jim Brown was my idol until my Nono set me straight about whom I should look up to, like the guy that worked shifts in the steel mill to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. And then in the 70's as our HS Football team had basically the same uniform as the Browns. And I hope Tyrod Taylor proves Beane and McDermott all wrong. But since Mom was from western NY you were a Bills fan or no supper. I'm talking AFL days, man I am old eh? If McDermott believes what he says at the podium the kid Josh Allen will start Sunday. He's always saying "We will play with the players that gives us the best chance to win." Lets see. His pressers are starting to sound like Belichicks.

WIMUSKY, how's my kid John DeFilippo doing? He will be a head coach in 10 years I strongly believe.

briangcc

Commander
Ohh not a fan here by any stretch. 4 straight Super Bowl appearances with 4 straight chokes and ENDLESS rebuilding seasons after the fact. Almost every coach since Marv has tried the "Let's hide the fact we have no QB" approach and failed miserably. The one winning coach they had jumped ship once the Pegulas took over. They needed to fold up and move to Toronto and stop sucking the Erie County tax payers dry. Bulldoze the stadium and turn it into an Ethanol plant. Construction jobs and then continuing employment once the plant was up and running.

Watch...they'll do just enough to get hopes up that they don't belong on the cellar and totally muff their chances at the #1 pick. If by some chance they do get the #1 pick, they'll pooch that one too as they don't have a great track record drafting talent...at least for their team. They seem to do really good when they trade the players to other teams...hmm....maybe Buffalo is just a farm team.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
WIMUSKY, how's my kid John DeFilippo doing? He will be a head coach in 10 years I strongly believe.

So far so good. I didnt get to see them play as I was on the road. Listened to it on XM which is tough to get too involved in the game especially when your pulling a 5th wheel.

I think he'll do well, especially if the offense can stay healthy, which is a big if. Give him another couple weeks and we should be clicking on all cylinders.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Buffalo Bills a farm team for the NFL? Big time. I have always felt for the last 25 years Buffalo is "NFL Lite." Not in the same league as others. Buffalo is the #1 farm team of New England. I hate being a fan, it hurts. I have the deep scars from the 4 consecutive Super Bowls that even a SB win will fade them. Why wasn't my dear Mom born in Boston?