NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

aspeck

Staff member
It is way past time for Gordon to admit he has a problem and seek help.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Brady wasn't selected to the pro bowl. 1st time since 2008... When you have Lamar, Mahomes it's expected. Although, I'm not sure who was selected...

aspeck

Staff member
They didn’t just fire Coughlin, they deemed his position useless. He had that much of an effect on the win/loss record!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If I ran 7 jobs for my boss and we lost money on 6 of them . Would I still have a job ?
Doubtful ....
I don't get it ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Skins dumped Jay Guden, Panthers dumped Ron Rivea. Then the Skins signed Rivera to a 5yr coaching deal.... Not good enough for the Panthers, but plenty good for the Skins....:noidea:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
My name sake John DeFilippo was not given a new contract as OC by the Jacksonville Jaguars after 1 year. (pronounced jag u are not wires as many say). He was a young up and comer not long ago but can't seem to stay on any given team. He was Foles QB coach in Philly as well as his OC in Jacksonville as well as OC for Minnesota before that. His star is fading fast. He should come to Buffalo as QB coach, or kicking coach, I might get some swag out of it. "Hey it's John DeFilippo calling, can I get ?????? Jacksonvilles problem wasn't the OC it is the fat guy that bailed on his team in Buffalo with a few extra million bucks from a poorly written contract he was given before the Pagula's bought the team from the Wilson family.

Our Buffalo Bills. (I am not in any thing called The Mafia, for that I take the 5th, we have that in Canada but 27% exchange rate)

Lots of interesting free agents coming onto the market. Bills have 90 million in cap space. Watch out AFC East and the rest of the NFL. They can't fly under the radar any longer. Their 2020 schedule is no cake walk. It's time for Josh Allen to make better decisions in year 3 and less Ï can do it all. If he does not progress as expected it may be over for him, I sadly admit. In this league you have to put up more than 19 points a game and expect you defence to keep you in it. The base team is there now, the shelf life is short in this league of free agency. It looks like 99% of the coaching staff is going to be there for 2020. O line coach is going to a College team. The Bills do not have the draft capital they have had in the last 3 years.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain

Too much money, for now, and too much time to do stupid things, illegal not withstanding.

Something on the NFL network I caught the end off. Julian Edelman charged by L.A. cop for beating up some guys car outside a club (used to be called bars). Again too much money and time on these kids hands? He usually is busy until the 2nd week of February.

aspeck

Staff member
And the latest from the AB front ... AB's agent is dumping him UNLESS he gets some mental help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That can be taken one of two ways. Either AB gets help or lose his agent or the agent is getting help before continued representation. Maybe both! AB must be a handful!

aspeck

Staff member
That can be taken one of two ways. Either AB gets help or lose his agent or the agent is getting help before continued representation. Maybe both! AB must be a handful!

I think the agent is thinking, "Man, this is a lot of work for the potential of no return ... either he gets the help he needs so I can turn a profit, or I am out of this mess. Too much drama for peanuts! Not my monkey, not my circus any more."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...y-terminates-relationship-with-antonio-brown/

Old Ironmaker

Captain
AB in my and many others opinion is dealing with mental health disease. A stigma still exists where mental health is concerned and that's unfortunate. I am proud to say that the work I did on managements side and together with the USWA we actually put a plan in place to help all employees deal with mental health. The toughest part was to get burly Steelworkers as well as professionals in the company to admit to a problem. More than a few had to be hospitalized through the courts without their consent before assaults became attempted murder, or murder. At one time we had over 15,000 employees nationwide. At the 5% estimate that is a big number of individuals that may have needed help. There was a time when the rate of suicide for shift workers was triple that of the provincial average.

Here is some reading about the new CBA between the league and the NFLPA.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-that-remain/

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
NY Giants have a new OC. They need one. His name is Jason Garrett.