NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Kap sure lost a lot of dough for only being about the money. We can't assume it was only money.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Maybe it has something to do with Kap and the NFL coming to an agreement. Everyone is on a gag order. Paid him off to go away? I wouldn't have given him a dime...

aspeck

Staff member
The Jets seemed to want him, also, but I think he turned them down

aspeck

Staff member
52123804_2195277537232561_4724717140907655168_n.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
49'ers ARE using their franchise tag on a kicker ... Robbie Gould. Bears were looking to get Robbie back after they released him 3 years ago, but the Niner's want to keep him in the stable after missing 2 field goals and 2 extra points each of the last 2 years. Very good/accurate kicker. I think Robbie was hoping to get back to Chicago because that is still where he and his family call home ...

GA_Boater

49'ers ARE using their franchise tag on a kicker ... Robbie Gould. Bears were looking to get Robbie back after they released him 3 years ago, but the Niner's want to keep him in the stable after missing 2 field goals and 2 extra points each of the last 2 years. Very good/accurate kicker. I think Robbie was hoping to get back to Chicago because that is still where he and his family call home ...

On the surface this looks like a dumb move by the Niners. But the top 25 scorers in the NFL are kickers and the first non-kicker in Jerry Rice, is 37th. Gould is 23rd and at the age of 36 will be moving up the list.

Saying the obvious - Points win games, not yards through the air or on the ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_scoring_leaders

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
That would be dope.... But no.

I built these a few years ago, just left them hard wood. I did buy red and yellow bags but last winter I found someone to make me custom ones, with the logo. Not sure where she gets her fabric but nice heavy duty stuff.

Since I'm unemployed and prob will have way less flexibility in any new job, doubt we will make any games in KC but good news they are coming here this year so need to be ready for tailgating. We also have a tent and a flat on 25 feet of pvc. Should be a good time.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Sitting here this afternoon doing not much other than thinking about all the things I should be doing and watching the NFL Network. There is a marathon of the series "A Football Life". Airing right now is the biography of Saints special teamer Steve Gleason who marched to the beat of his own drummer. A tragic and inspiring story. I highly recommend it, not just for fans of the game but for fans of life itself.

GA_Boater

Will some of the past players suspended for less contact legal eagles?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
"New York Jets come in please. Jets come in please. Is there anyone there? Come in NY, come in, please, over" Apparently no one home in the front office. Go through the entire off season, the combines, through the draft, free agency and then and only then the owner decides to fire the GM this week. Adam Gase has total control now. Levion Bell was supposed to be the distraction?