NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

aspeck

Staff member
Since the Eagles will be defeating the Falcons tonight to start the NFL Regular Season, it is time for a Regular Season thread. Keep it cordial, but spirited is good! And remember, the Steelers are going to win it all without the dbag LeVeon Bell.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We go to NY Giants to start .
That OB / Ramsey matchup should be fun to watch ..Hopefully Ramsey can back up the talk ....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Probably the only thing we'll agree on all year is Bell is a dbag... How many games will he miss? Time will tell.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Haven't had supper yet. Time for leftover steak....:hungry:

aspeck

Staff member
And the Eagles win a defensive struggle to open the NFL Regular season. Officiating was interesting. I think they are struggling to figure out the new mandates and rules and rulings.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think the officiating will be interesting for some time.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Bell didnt meet the deadline, lost a mere 800k plus....

aspeck

Staff member
Bell is not well liked on the Steeler team right now... Antonio Brown is about the only Steeler sticking up for Bell ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I read the Steelers aren't very happy and rightfully so...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And the Steelers will not withdraw the franchise tag for the dbag, either. It's a test of wills now.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Since the Eagles will be defeating the Falcons tonight to start the NFL Regular Season, it is time for a Regular Season thread. Keep it cordial, but spirited is good! And remember, the Steelers are going to win it all without the dbag LeVeon Bell.

dbag? When does the cordial kick in? The RB position in the NFL has a shelf life of approx. 3.5 years. The guy wants the most he can get before he is in a wheelchair then dies of permanent brain injury. I don't see how that makes the man a dirt bag. Owners charging 200 bucks for end zone seats and 12 bucks for a cup of Pony **** are what I call greedy, not sharing their profits including the Trillion dollars of TV revenues with the guys that put the butts in those 200 buck seats are dbags in my mind.

briangcc

Commander
Buffalo wins it all! And by winning I mean the 1st pick in the 2019 draft. 0-16 to give their brothers in Cleveland a little more company in the record books.

Then again, being Buffalo, they'll win just a couple of games to pooch this too!! Not that their drafting has been great so maybe this is a minor miracle for whomever is the "sure thing" this year in NOT ending up in Buffalo...

aspeck

Staff member
dbag? When does the cordial kick in? The RB position in the NFL has a shelf life of approx. 3.5 years. The guy wants the most he can get before he is in a wheelchair then dies of permanent brain injury. I don't see how that makes the man a dirt bag. Owners charging 200 bucks for end zone seats and 12 bucks for a cup of Pony **** are what I call greedy, not sharing their profits including the Trillion dollars of TV revenues with the guys that put the butts in those 200 buck seats are dbags in my mind.

Well, he is getting, based on last year's "touches of the ball" (25 per game average) $34,500 per touch. He doesn't want as many touches, but he wants more money. The guys protecting him are making A LOT less than that to keep him safe, and he refuses to show up. $853K per game is not enough for him. I get it that these guys have a limited time to PLAY, but either play, or don't play. Don't string along your team mates, don't mess with the chemistry of the team. Either play, or say, nope, my health is more important. To say $14.5M is not worth my health, but $17.5M is worth it seems a bit hypocritical. It is either about your health, or about the money.

That said, I realize the system is against these players ... the federal, state, and local taxes, the luxury taxes, the "recreation tax" in almost every city they play, the agent fees, the attorney fees, and many of the contracts have little to no guarantees. After all the taxes and fees, and payouts to those helping in the process, Mr Bell will probably see less than $6M of that money. The added $3M he wants MIGHT add another $1M to his pocket. So, is it about his health, his wallet, or the fact that he wants to be paid as an RB AND a WR? Is it about his ego? Only he can really say, but many close to him are speculating the later, and personal EGO and TEAM don't go well together.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Aaron will play today, the vikings seem to be the team that lost 38-7 in the NFC championship game, they were an interception away from San Fran tying the score and that was at home. I am optimistic that the Packers will get it done today.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Even Howie Long doesn't understand the new rule about putting your full body weight on someone when you tackle them. Guess if u tackle them high maybe your supposed to then slide down to their legs. Heck if I know. It's not about driving them in the ground... Not sure how you're supposed to tackle a guy.

Did they do away with the RB lowering his head? They were flagging that during pre season...:facepalm:

Anyway, the Vikes are getting ready to start... Skol!

aspeck

Staff member
And the Vikes kissed their sister! And the Steelers lost ... AB was unhappy about something during the game ... just a lot of drama and contention on a team that was favored to be a top team.

aspeck

Staff member
WOW! Vontae Davis, cornerback for the Bills, came into the locker room at halftime, changed into street close, and said, "I'm done. I retire." and left the stadium. What a way to go out ...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
WOW! Vontae Davis, cornerback for the Bills, came into the locker room at halftime, changed into street close, and said, "I'm done. I retire." and left the stadium. What a way to go out ...

Just saw that story. Amazing to walk out like that! Enough is enough, I guess.