NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Sun is heating your noggin - Better get under the beach umbrella! :lol:

GA_Boater

Cincy's Burfict was fined $112,000 for his unsportsmanlike and unnecessary roughness hits against the Steelers last Sunday. The hits on Brown and Connor bring his total fines in 5 years to $415,637. Why wasn't he suspended?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sounds like Gronk is out, ankle qnd back. Need to change my lineup...

aspeck

Staff member
Cincy's Burfict was fined $112,000 for his unsportsmanlike and unnecessary roughness hits against the Steelers last Sunday. The hits on Brown and Connor bring his total fines in 5 years to $415,637. Why wasn't he suspended?

$193K of his $415K in fines came against the Steelers!

GA_Boater

Hey - It's a start.

But what about the rest of the crew? Like the Line Judge on the other end of the line of scrimmage who is also watching for offsides and false starts

aspeck

Staff member
How about last night's officials missing calls ... that unsportsmanlike on the field goal that let to a Miami TD ... can't hit the long snapper in the head or neck, I get that, but how is it a penalty when he stands up and you are shoulder to shoulder ... commentators and rules guy agreed that was bad. And the "Incomplete" pass that the Texans ran back for a TD and had it taken away ... yes, Osweiler's hand was going forward, but the ball went backward because he was trying to hold onto it and pull it down ... we was clearly NOT trying to pass it. Again, all but the overturning official agreed ... bad calls. Have been a lot of them this year, and the crown of the head rule makes it even harder ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yup, the zebras have been extremely inconsistant...

Geting tougher to determine what's legal and what's not anymore...

aspeck

Staff member
NFL, going the way of NASCAR ... regulate to death!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I hear ya, neither did the Vikes. I think NO had straight As!