NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I stopped being a fan of dbags a long time ago. If he wasn't such a douche maybe the Steelers would be 4-0 or 3-1.

He's getting his wish for less touches by not playing, so what value is he talking about. Right now it's ZERO.

aspeck

Staff member
yall are expending lots of energy on this......

I think that is what has happened to our team also ... they have the talent WITHOUT him to be a contender, but they are underachieving, underperformer, and at the bottom of the standings. Not a place we are used to having our team. The sad part is, we can blame it on this, but if the team isn't reacting to it and goes about their business, they would have more wins than they do now. So, it is a team issue and problem, starting at the coaching level and working its way down the line.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just made my picks and seen who we play this week on the road .. :eek:

JAGUARS.....
:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
As far as Bell.. Its my understanding that Tomlin doesn't have control of his team. If Bell does come back week 7, what better way for Tomlin to sent a message to Bell and the team than to sit Bell on week 8..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Brady passed for his 500th TD last nite. 3rd on the list behind Manning and Favre.... He's only 8 behind Favre...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's all about OBJ:

"I don't regret anything," Beckham told reporters. "I don't regret anything that I said. If it took that for us to come together as a team like we did [Sunday]. I can take that every single time."

In an interview with ESPN's Josina Anderson, Beckham called his use within the offense into question and criticized Manning for not taking more downfield shots. Beckham had his best game of the season Sunday following the controversy, hauling in eight passes for 131 yards and a touchdown while also throwing for a 57-yard score in a 33-31 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Didn’t really look like he touched him .. The ref probably over heard him criticize his momma or something before the tackle ...

GA_Boater

TJ Watt is appealing the fine. Wonder how that's going to go? And;

Watt joins his coach, Mike Tomlin, as members of the Steelers' organization who have been fined this week. Earlier this week, Tomlin was fined $25,000 by the NFL for his criticism of officials following Pittsburgh's Week 5 victory over Atlanta. On Monday, Tomlin reportedly received a call from NFL executive Troy Vincent over his critical comments of NFL officiating following the Pittsburgh Steelers 41-17 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

NFL staff must be shopping for a nice Christmas gift for Godell or padding their bonuses!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Next the fans will get fined for booing the calls. They'll have some individual identification system put in place..

GA_Boater

Better read the fine print in the NFL App TOS before clicking on Agree! :eek: