NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Working for Jerry Jones, he probably kept his bags packed and sitting by the door.

aspeck

Staff member
Now police are looking at AB for a possible assault ... he is a lightening rod for trouble and a real train wreck...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Now police are looking at AB for a possible assault ... he is a lightening rod for trouble and a real train wreck...

Sometimes you can the man out of the hood but not the hood out of the man. This happens far too often. This kid is screaming for help and I don't think there is anyone out there willing to help him or they have given up helping him. I don't think he will ever play in the NFL again.That's just sad I really enjoyed watching him play. He won't play up here in Canada. A top receiver here may get 100K a season and that's in Canuck money. A NFL player will pay 4 times that muchor more in taxes, user fees, agents fees and, and, and, a GAME.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
cZCvNyf.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
He'll probably get in because of your 1st two points...

Yep nothing much counts but the big one.

Did I hear right today that Philip Rivers has retired? I just caught the end of a report on the news. Nothing on Google. Actually I did hear right because they said it would be a fit for Brady. Again nothing I Google. Maybe 2 talking heads filling air time.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think the implication is that the Chargers won't sign him and he's a free agent. And I did see that Brady was a name mentioned to replace Rivers.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Rodger Goodell just gave a press conference in Miami. Many questions but the question that I paid attention to was about extending the season to 17 games. It appears this may be the sticking point in the negotiations for the new collective bargining agreement between the league and the players association. Richard Sherman has been vocal about this proposed 17 game season. He is basically saying that if the NFL is serious about preventing injury to players a 17 game season is rediculous. The pre season will be shortened by 1 game. The starters in the NFL don't play in those games so that in itself doesn't matter to the 22 and special teamers on the field in the 17th game. I personally would love an additional game, but I'm being selfish. If I were playing the NFL would have to come up with significant cash for me to get on board. Other than an additional bye week I don't know what it would look like. How about starters only being able to start 16 games? Increasing rosters to more than 53 dressed, 60 maybe? More platooning thus less snaps per game to reflect the same number of snaps of a 16 game season. He talked about playing the extra game in nuetral sites. I would love to see a game played in football crazy states like Alabama , Nebraska and Oklahoma.

6 new helmets coming out for 2020.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Where's the Super Bowl thread. It's Thursday after all? I can start one but don't want to be out of line. Only being 1/2 American.