NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

Old Ironmaker

Captain
And it did not work ... his suspension was upheld. Pouncey's suspension was reduced from 3 games to 2 games.

In better news, LeSean McCoy came home during his "off-week" with the Chiefs. The Harrisburg, PA native and Bishop McDevitt High School graduate came back to Penn State Hershey Medical Center (Just a few miles from Harrisburg) and spent time with the kids there. He did a meet and greet in the lobby before going room to room to meet those children too sick to come see him. Good work, Mr McCoy.

I really like watching Shady, even when he was an Eagle under that idiot of a coach. Can't remember his name and that's OK. I was disappointed when the Bills cut him, not surprised but disappointed. He could have still contributed to the offence and mentored rookie Devon Singletary. They chose Frank Gore to fill that role, Shady could have done it as well. He is a real deal man. He was always working in the Buffalo community raising money for the Kids Hospital there.

I think Rudolph should have been given a 1 game suspension for being in the middle of the fight he started or was happy to be involved with. You can not grab another mans helmet on purpose. The thing weighs 8 pounds and you can seriously injure someone yanking on it like Rudolph definitely did. I played with a kid in HS who's career was ended early because of an accidental facemask. He had a full pop scholarship to Youngstown State but couldn't go, he never played another down.

I look up at the TV and we have a game. 20-17 Texans. I have to push the off button on this stupid thing.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
The Duck, Devlin Hodges, has been named the Steeler starter over Rudolph for Sunday's game vs the Cleveland Browns. I guess Tomlin did NOT want Rudolph in the game against the Browns ... I think that was a good move.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Probably a good move by Tomlin. But what has this game become?

aspeck

Staff member
I love Tomlin's expectations for Duck ... "I expect him not to kill us." Hmmm, that is far from a high bar to achieve. Rudolph's penchant for turnovers (5 in the last 6 quarters of play), lack of production, and inability to look off receivers or go to the 3rd or 4th read quickly are the reasons for Rudolph's benching ... and possibly (but unsaid) the fact that Tomlin did not want to see Rudolph get KILLED in the Brown game.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Seriously? Is this NASCAR?

Minnesota's Week 15 game at the Los Angeles Chargers was scheduled to be played on Sunday Night Football but because the Chargers are out of contention in the AFC the game has been flexed out of prime time and moved to a 3:05 p.m. kickoff.

Replacing the Vikings-Chargers game is the AFC battle between the Buffalo Bills (8-3) and Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5).

82rude

Rear Admiral
Minor correction.Bills are 9-3.Did the Texans not want to get hurt on the Pats last T.D?Looks like they were not even trying atall.

aspeck

Staff member
Duck Hodges gets the Stiller start again, and Eli is back as starting QB for the G-men.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Entering week 15 what are the biggest surprises so far and what didn't surprise you?

Biggest surprise is how Buffalo has surprised the rest of the league and myself as well winning 9 games thus far and actually in contgention to usurp New England for the AFC East title.

2nd biggest is Andy Dalton bailing on his team or should I say retiring mid season.

Lamar Jacksons performance is surprising.

My biggest "I'm not surprised" is LeVeon Bells dismal performance after taking a year off football. What did ya expect ya idiot?

I'm not surprised how Josh Allen is coming along to becoming an elite NFL Q.B. someday. The coaching staff is doing their job bringing the kid along, and he is just a big kid, 21 years old.

Not surprised The Browns are playing like The Browns have always played for the last 40 or so years, poorly. The talking heads on radio and TV had them being fitted for Super Bowl rings before O.T.A.s. Unlike Major League Baseball you can't go out and buy a Championship in the NFL. See NY Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays.

Not so surprising is Mahones not matching last years MVP season in K.C. Keeping up with what he did last year would be tough to do for anyone.

aspeck

Staff member
Lamar Jackson is a surprise.

LeVeon Bell and AB are not surprises

The Steelers being 8-5 at this point in the season is a huge surprise.

The Bills, Vikings, and 9ers are surprises.

GA_Boater

Saw an article today that 20 teams are interested in AB and that's even with up to an 8 game suspension and his attitude.

Bell is proving that it takes a team to excel in the NFL.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah no one was ready for Mahomes last year, this year they are - plus he's been banged up. Good news it appears the defence is starting to gel as a unit. Seems I recall an axiom that offence wins games, defence wins Superbowls.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Nah, he has Nike to support him ...

I don't Golf much anymore so no need to even buy their balls. Why him I have no clue, I know you guys probably do.

redneck joe , you got that phrase right. Bills and Chiefs would be some AFC Championship eh? As long as N.E. isn't there I'm happy. Go Bills, Go Chiefs. Final Chiefs 21 Bills 18. Wide right with no time on the clock. I have never picked the Bills since their last Super Bowl, I was almost made homeless. And that ain't some Johnny D story I tell ya'.

GA_Boater

I think Josh Gordon's time in the NFL is over. He is on indefinite suspension, his 6th time for PEDs and substance abuse. Why has the NFL coddled this guy? 5 times, now 6, since 2013.