Staff member
The boo birds will be out if he ever shows up on the
field ..

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
sAA8Oqp.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
AB filing again with the league ... I am beginning to believe his head is too big for a helmet!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
AB filing again with the league ... I am beginning to believe his head is too big for a helmet!

Now why would you think this? :rolleyes:

But you may be right. That helmet from last year won't fit either!

84bobble.png

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Jags vs Fins tonight . First look at Foles ... Ok , not spectacular , not terrible .. The rookie Allen is gunna be star on defense the way it’s looking !
Come on regular season !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I didn’t see that drive ..
As usual I was snoring sometime after halftime .
:sleep:

aspeck

Staff member
Josh Allen lived up to his reputation last night.

Trace McSoreley played a great game. With injuries to both Jackson and RGIII, he might get more playing time and a roster spot. He has proven to be a gutsy winner.

Rosen sure looked better than “The Fitz.” Went to bed at halftime.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Our fantasy draft is next weekend. All I know is who I want for the 1st three picks... After that, no clue..... I didn't do my homework... Again......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Musky - Peek over the Admiral's shoulder and look at her spreadsheet. :D

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have zero idea why the exhibition season is 4 freekin' games. Years ago the CFL (Canuck Comical Football League) scrapped 2 exibition games and made the regular season 18 games that count. I think this is week 3 of the exhibition games. If one see's a starter take the field in the last 2 games it will be a kicker. It's not any less $$ to buy a ducket to these games. No one can give me a logical reason to have 4 games that count for nothing. Believe me the brass knows after the pre season and 2 games into it who will be and who will not be on the roster. If they find they made the wrong choice there are hundreds of free agents out there to choose from, maybe a 1000 or more. Many of the Talking Heads are behind extending the season by 2 meaningful games. Steve Tasker being one. His son Luke plays for our Hamilton Tiger Cats and can see 1st hand how this is a logical move. The CFL has made many changes to the rules like the longer point after attempt and challeges for penalties that the NFL later adopts after watching how it works here. There are many scenarios to make this a thing. 2 byes, Making the 1st game a week before what is openning now, many logical scenarios.

Hate is a strong word I seldom use but me hates exhibition games. Even when I played with a leather helmet on all one thinks is "Don't get hurt, do not get hurt, please Lord don't let me get hurt!!!"

P.S. Mr. Brown might want to try a leather helmet.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Josh Allen lived up to his reputation last night.

Trace McSoreley played a great game. With injuries to both Jackson and RGIII, he might get more playing time and a roster spot. He has proven to be a gutsy winner.

Rosen sure looked better than “The Fitz.” Went to bed at halftime.

You may know I'm a life long Bills sufferer. I don't care how young Josh played in a gosh darn Exhibition game. As long as he didn't suffer any injury it is a win. I call for 2 exhibition games only and extend the season by 2.

Another point, I heard a NFL network guy report that someone's QB1 threw 5 interceptions in practice. I can't remember which former player lost it when he heard that. It's a practice for goodness sakes, it's a freekin' practice. That's what practices are for. Most likely he was working on a pass he needs work on. That's how one gets better, practice. Now they are going to have stats for practices? Come on man!

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
So the Packers and Raiders go up to Winnipeg for a preseason game last night. Since a CFL field is 10 yards shorter, some adjustments were made down to 100 yards for an NFL regulation field. I guess AB didn't play so a smaller field worked fine.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

A CFL field is 20 yards longer Georgia. The end zones are 25 yards deep not 10 and the field is 60 yards wide, might be 55 can't remember. A QB can throw a 50 yard bomb from their opponents 25! I remember if you were on the sideline and looking up to see the QB and you can definitely see a hill going up to the center of the field. I never saw a hill on a gridiron in the States. I was usually on the sidelines.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Anymore you rarely see the starters play much in preseason. I believe it use to be they played 3qtrs on the 3rd week of preseason. Now everyone is too worried about getting hurt. Its mainly turned into the scubs playing so the they know who to weed out during the cuts...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Anymore you rarely see the starters play much in preseason. I believe it use to be they played 3qtrs on the 3rd week of preseason. Now everyone is too worried about getting hurt. Its mainly turned into the scubs playing so the they know who to weed out during the cuts...

Like I said they don't need an extra 2 games to weed out their subs and special teamers. It's just a waste of time and a chance to get injured and end a subs career in a flash.