NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Talking about a trade so Gase can get rid of Bell. Who want's him?

I'll (Buffalo) pass. He wouldn't come to Western NY anyway, just like Antonio Brown refused to. He's not the only one. Jim Kelly said he would never ever play in Buffalo and went to the USFL. The rest is history including a bust in Canton. If he ran for Mayor of the Queen city he would win in a landslide.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Every play beginning with a snap should be reviewed in New York City. That leaves kickoff and free kicks, but they'll work on those.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

GA_Boater

Legendary Green Bay Packers QB Bart Starr passed away today at 85. Led the Packers to win the 1st Super Bowl in 1967 and was the 1st SB MVP as well. RIP

GA_Boater

Greedy NFL owners led by Jerry Jones are talking about an 18 game season by cutting back on training camp and preseason games. If no expanded schedule comes to pass, add 2 more playoff teams to the post season.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith sent a memo to agents that the NFLPA was "advising players to plan for a work stoppage of at least a year in length."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Jones has another source of heartburn - The league is looking into Ezekiel Elliott again, this time for a scuffle with a security guard in Vegas 10 days ago. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...dUSKCN1SX1X2&usg=AOvVaw0uWhpfNKeu4QvbroZ9pcK0

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm 4 cutting back on preseason and extending the regular season. Not keen on more teams in the playoffs.

I read about the potential shutdown earlier... Good way to kill the NFL when it's already hurtin

GA_Boater

Something not mentioned was expanding team rosters. More games means more injuries.

Does two more games means more Mexico City and London games? I can't wait. :doh:

aspeck

Staff member
But does the season really need to be longer? I would be okay with 2 less preseason games and leave the rest alone. The preseason is the chance to get to see people play who will never play again, but the games are not compelling games. But games put a toll on the body. These guys (especially the 300 plus pound linemen) can only take so much. It is the same argument I use with the college game's OT. It is exciting, but when you get out to 4, 5, 6, even 7 OT's you are looking for injuries. Do 2 rounds of OT and stop ... let it be a tie.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Season doesn't need to be longer. I was going under the assumption they wanted to keep the same amount of games. If that's the case, I rather see "real" games than watch preseason where alot of times the really good players rarely play anyway.... But I'm fine with just eliminating 2 preseason games and call it a day...

GA_Boater

"Stars" don't need practice with a new team and learning the playbook. That's only for rookies. :rolleyes:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A few years back the CFL reduced meaningless pre season games from 4 to 2 and extended the season from 16 to 18. Often the NFL watches changes in the CFL closely and then adapts them. A few examples lately is the longer point after kicks and pass interference coaches challenges that were in place for a few years here before the NFL did the same.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They probably found out about eachother and decided to show him..... lol