NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Belleuller, Belleuller?

Never saw it coming...:rip::lol:

aspeck

Staff member
Nothing to see here... time to move on and discuss relevant topics pertaining to the NFL...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hue Jackson has a new job. Special assistant to Bengals HC..................................with 2 games coming up against the Browns. :rolleyes:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
If it were the New York teams, Oakland, Arizona or the Niners The field change wouldn't have a big as an issue. In fact, people would actually watch the game more!

I am kinda glad it got moved. Easy to get good tickets for this game since it's last minute and 5:30 on a Monday.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
There’s probably a caravan joke that would apply but I’ll leave that alone ..:rolleyes:
Sure seems like the NFL would have been really checking up on thing well in advance to make sure everything was in order .
Wonder how many folks already had rooms and made plans to go ?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I thought you Yanks were a lot tougher. We played with our lower legs hanging by a few tendons and muscle. They gace us a shot of something, taped it up nice and tight and we went back in to play in 3 feet of snow.

As far as our pal dbag, he won't be bothering anyone anytime soon. He didn't have enough class to respond to Big Ben reaching out to him and Ben was sure to pass that on to the press in the locker room. That would usually be something personal I would think. Ben's way of saying "see ya D.B." perhaps?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We Yanks used to be a lot tougher, remember **** Buttkiss(lol), he was an animal. The NFL is one step away from flag football...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
for the year for the year and was cut bef and was cut
We Yanks used to be a lot tougher, remember **** Buttkiss(lol), he was an animal. The NFL is one step away from flag football...

Remember him, he was my man growing up playing HS middle linebacker. I did a painting of him in HS that my coach took home and hung in his den. I won't say hero because my dear Grandfather explained to me the difference between a hero and the man that put a roof over our heads and fed us everyday. In his broken English he said Mickey Mantle never paid our mortgage for us with all his millions, not once. I got it early.

Watching a bio of Dan Marino on the NFL network as I type. When they played in Buffalo when the guys were tailgating it I would go into the stadium and watch the warm ups for all the games we went to. I stood maybe 20 feet from the guy (Marino) when he was throwing the ball. I had never heard that sound come from a football before or since. I heard from a physics guy once that sound comes from the indentation of the stem that they put the air in spinning. I don't know about that but it sounded like a golf ball whizzing by. Jim Kelly's ball never made that sound, I listened for it. Favre's ball did but not like Marino's. Another great "A Football Life" by NFL films.

Just listening now it looks like Joe Flaco is out and we might see Lamar Jackson start or RG3. Both will be interesting to watch no matter which one.

Sammy Watkins out with the same foot that kept him out of the Bills lineup continually. I remember a Buffalo rookie stepped on it in the same foot and put him in street clothes for the year. The kid was cut before he got dressed.

Russel Wilson never ceases to surprise me. As does Aaron Rodgers. The Packers were outcoached, a prime example of being out coached. Rodgers looks like it is effortless throwing a 70 yard TD and can't hit the side of a barn door when his RB is 10 yards away. He seems incompIacent at times. I don't see Mike McCarthy and Rodgers together next year. Who leaves? Rodgers has had 1 coach his entire career. McCarthy basically put more confidence in his defence than the offence with 4th and 3 with a few minutes remaining on the QB 1's hands. Plus he didn't challenge that incomplete pass that helped Seattle go ahead or stay ahead, don't exactly recall, regardless a bonehead no call. He either got poor info from his guys or ignored them. It was definitely incomplete.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Trubisky, Bears QB, is out again 4 a second straight week despite the positive report yesterday...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
After last nites debacle, the Vikes fired their offensive coordinator....

Anyone looking for a job?

aspeck

Staff member
Wentz has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his back. No surgery will be needed, but he will need 3 months to recover. Nick Foles to the rescue again, I guess.

aspeck

Staff member
Interesting about Bell ... but it doesn't matter what he says, will have to wait and see what he does, and if teams are willing to gamble on his ME FIRST attitude.

Patriots Gordon says he needs to take a break from Football after the league suspends him indefinitely for failure to keep his end of the substance abuse agreement he made to get back in the good graces of the league. Seems like he needs to take a break from league controlled substances ...

Mahomes signs a deal with Heinz Ketchup to be their official spokesperson. Must have been the red uniforms ... Currently shooting a commercial that has him putting ketchup on mac and cheese.