College Football 2018

aspeck

Staff member
And "supposedly" it was that or eating the first and second ladies salads because of the government shutdown and the President didn't want that happening, so he went out and bought fast food ... who knows what is really true....

aspeck

Staff member
On a different line, is anyone else's college team experiencing a seeming larger number of players entering the new "Transfer Portal," or does PSU have an issue? I think we have 7 or 8 players who have declared in the portal ... all of which had gone down in the depth chart last year. A few were starters at the beginning of the season, or were second team and are now 3rd, etc. Because of the young talent behind them, I don't think it is an issue, but ... this is the first year for the portal and it seems to be getting plenty of use at Penn State. Just because the declare for the Transfer Portal does not mean they are transferring, it just allows other schools to again recruit them.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
And "supposedly" it was that or eating the first and second ladies salads because of the government shutdown and the President didn't want that happening, so he went out and bought fast food ... who knows what is really true....

:pound:They've been in training 4 so long fast food was probably a welcomed change, if they're happy, so am I. Actually, I really don't care.....

I'm going to be in the Breslin Center next week watching MSU take it to Maryland... #truth

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
On a different line, is anyone else's college team experiencing a seeming larger number of players entering the new "Transfer Portal," or does PSU have an issue? I think we have 7 or 8 players who have declared in the portal ... all of which had gone down in the depth chart last year. A few were starters at the beginning of the season, or were second team and are now 3rd, etc. Because of the young talent behind them, I don't think it is an issue, but ... this is the first year for the portal and it seems to be getting plenty of use at Penn State. Just because the declare for the Transfer Portal does not mean they are transferring, it just allows other schools to again recruit them.

and here is the answer to my question ...

Penn State’s 11 players in the portal are the most in college football. Arkansas is well behind with seven players in the portal, while Michigan checks in at the No. 3 spot with five players.

64osby

Admiral
On the food thing, Trump supposedly eats (or used to) eat many fast food meals. His reasoning was that it would be harder for someone to poison him. Clinton also loved his fast food burgers.

I was very disappointed with Bowl season. As a cord cutter only 4 of the 60ish bowl games were broadcast on OTA networks. If they want viewers after paying huge sums for the contracts maybe the networks should consider what network they air them on. Instead they show non-reality TV or some other canned laughter s#itcoms.

ABC and ESPN are owned by the same Corporation if I'm not mistaken, Disney.