College Football 2018

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Remind me again, which bowl game did UCLA play in? O'yeah, that's right....... Not even the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl, they already had Eastern MI.... lol
If MSU wasn't in the Big10+4 they wouldn't have been in a bowl either. They couldn't even beat Nebraska?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Rose bowl final should have been 28-17. No way that could ever be called a TD.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Rose bowl final should have been 28-17. No way that could ever be called a TD.
Of course that play was 1st and goal. You don't think they could have scored from an inch out in 3 downs.

I take it you bet on OSU and gave up the points..LOL!!!!!

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Nope, I am one of those folks with no luck at all...if I had bet on my Bucks they would have lost outright and probably in the first quarter.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Georgia sure didnt look like a playoff contender like they once did...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A question from a Hockey Canuck. Is the final for the outright NCAA Championship upcoming or did I miss it? That's one game I try and catch, been a great game for the last few years, Nick Saban vs __________ (fill in blank). Just guessing. How many Super Bowls do you think Miami would have won had he stayed?

aspeck

Staff member
Monday night ... the red team coached by Nick Sabin v the orange team coached by Dabo Sweeney

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Come on aspeck, I'm not that much out of the loop. Dabo Sweeny is retireing after this game, health reasons. He coaches Whatsamata U, right?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I know Urban Meyer retired after the Rose Bowl 4 health issues. Knew nothing about Sweeny...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I know Urban Meyer retired after the Rose Bowl 4 health issues. Knew nothing about Sweeny...

I saw him talking about it in an interview last month on TSN. He collapsed a few games ago on the sidelines. Those coaches are 24/7/365, not just the NFL. Family time is usually the reason, a good example is Bill Cower.

Talk about coaches. Harbaugh just got outcoached by coach Lynn big time. Near genius to put 3 safeties in LB positions, all game, not just a few series. I better wait to post, this game ain't over. #8 fumbles, again. 4th for Jackson I think for him today. Can't win doing that. Now it's over. A very good game, the 4th quarter at least.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
I believe you are thinking of Urban Meyer of Ohio State infamy.

sam60

Captain
I have no use for reggie busch or his political opinions. You used to play football somewhere. Good for you.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You have to admit, fast food for the national champs was pretty stupid.

sam60

Captain
Bruce, I have nothing to compare the fast food meal to. What did the past few presidents feed the champs?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Bruce, I have nothing to compare the fast food meal to. What did the past few presidents feed the champs?
If you come over to my house for dinner, I promise...I won't serve you fast food. I bet you wouldn't either.

Last edited: