College Football 2018

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
UK 27- Fla 16 and Kentucky breaks jinx!

Yep , had to happen sooner or later .. Mullens SEC start could have been better ..
Franks didn't look good ..Too many bad passes and really no running game to speak of ..
We did get ripped off on that field goal but that didn't cost us the game ...
2cd and 1 on the 3 yard line and we drop back for a pass play ? I'm no coach but I think I would have kept it on the ground .
Defence needs to toughen up on the run or we will lose a bunch more games ...

aspeck

Staff member
B1G had a rough day ... Ohio State has their hands full, Wisconsin missed a field goal that would have tied the game, instead they lost to BYU. In other conferences, Vandy gave Notre Dame all they wanted, OK State beat Boise State, LSU beat Auburn 22-21, Texas is beating USC in the 3rd qtr, and U. Kentucky won again to go 3-0!

aspeck

Staff member
And just like that, an intercepted shovel pass and a blocked punt and Ohio State scores 20 points in 4 minutes and it is OSU 33, TCU 21. (TCU did have a kickoff return for a TD called back because of a forward pass)

aspeck

Staff member
TCU 51 yard TD pass ... and TCU is back in it! 33-28

aspeck

Staff member
Went to the PSU game ... blow out of Kent St 63-10 ... but PSU's 2nd string QB has a little tweak injury and could play, but no need to risk it at this point, so the 3rd sting QB, Sean Clifford, comes in and goes 3-3 for 117 yards and a TD (95 yard pitch and catch that was the longest pass play and longest play from scrimmage in PSU history). So, in 2 games he is 4-4 with 2 TDs and 150 yards passing! Not bad stats for his first 2 college games!

aspeck

Staff member
Missouri just beat Purdue on a last second 25 yard field goal 40-37. With 2:20 to play, Akron is beating Northwestern 39-34

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Didnt realize Troy beat Nebraska. Looking like a long season 4 the B1G..... MI won...

aspeck

Staff member
Well, the latest "controversy" at PSU is pretty funny. Everyone knows that Trace McSorely has firmly planted himself in the #1 QB spot. 1st string "Lion" (no one in Happy Valley knows what that means) and second string QB Tommy Stevens has been out with a foot injury incurred in pre-season practice. So, 3rd String and redshirt Freshman QB Sean Clifford has come in for "mop-up" roles the last 2 games. After the second game of Clifford's career, a radio announcer dubbed the controversy because we all know that McSorely has a problem. He throws incomplete passes. He has had them in every game he has played in. But Clifford is 4-4 with 2 TD's and 151 yards in 2 games. Not bad stats for a 3rd string QB coming under center for the first times in his college career. FYI, Tommy S. has been cleared to play on Friday night against Illinois (and I will be stuck in an airplane). Grrrr! Who schedules these things, anyway? I will be unavailable for the PSU v Ohio State game also. Stupid scheduler ... oh, wait, I schedule those things ... stupid scheduler!

dwco5051

Commander
Put McSorley in as a halfback every play. He is a good runner (Almost 500 yds last year) and the freshman as quarterback. Alternate between options and fleaflickers for the whole game. Who can stop that combination?

sam60

Captain
Hopefully the 'Huskers can make less mistakes today. Their schedule only tougher...

Our Son and his family are here for the weekend and tail-gating will consist of biscuits and gravy.

RGrew176

Commander
Hopefully the 'Huskers can make less mistakes today. Their schedule only tougher...

Our Son and his family are here for the weekend and tail-gating will consist of biscuits and gravy.

Well, my Michigan kind of put it to Nebraska. Michigan seems to be improving a little bit on offense each week. Watching the game though I don't think it was much of a test as Nebraska does not look like a very good team right now. No offense meant by my comment as Nebraska is in a rebuilding mode as Michigan was a when Harbaugh took over the program.

aspeck

Staff member
Definitely a week of upsets! Army almost
pulled out the win over OU! Lost in OT. Going to be a shake-up in the rankings and UK should be in after their 28-7 beating of Miss St! Go Cats!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep ,looks like UK are the #2 team in the east at the moment ..
Glad we lost to them early in the season . Tenn couldn’t get out of their own way yesterday .. Almost felt sorry for them for a second ... Naaaaaahhh ! :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Lots of upsets.
Oregon dominated Standford but lost in OT.
MSU looked terrible against Indy but still won.
Texas Tech crush Okey St
Texas crushed TCU
Maryland crushed Mn. Looks the Gophers have nothing, again........ Not that it was an upset...