Best 4wd RC car (a Dad model!)

ezbtr

Commander
A GOOD, Prob battery powered, $100-$200???.......meh..... well ok no real budget......... for my back yard etc, I'm still on walker so I figure a car can always drive back to me, LOL!!!
P.S. Oh hmmm....I'm thinking something I can upgrade, hahaha......hmmmmmm, another evil hobby.......hole burnin in pocket since I quit smoking 9 ish mos ago too!!! ;)

Last edited:

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
sweet. if you want to be able to upgrade, your next one should be Team Associated or Traxxas tons of parts available for those.
in fact I have one that was modded into an open wheel circle track car. (yes it started as an SC truck)

ezbtr

Commander
sweet. if you want to be able to upgrade, your next one should be Team Associated or Traxxas tons of parts available for those.
in fact I have one that was modded into an open wheel circle track car. (yes it started as an SC truck)

Yeah, I looked at Traxxas, this one seems to have more of the stuff I want - for now ;)

82rude

Rear Admiral
Right around the corner from my house they have converted a tennis court into a rc track with jumps and everthing .I sat in truck one day for quite awhile watching those little flying road rockets.

briangcc

Commander
Redcat Racing - I bought the Volcano EPX for my son. Lots of replacement parts for when you break something which along with water resistant/proof electronics was a major selling point for me.

ezbtr

Commander
It ran fast for 10-15 mins, stopped, charged battery for a few hours, was running ok, then stopped steering and smoke from the steering servo, sanding back........grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
was the steering jammed somehow?
why send it back, replace servo and go again.

R/C should stand for replace every part on this toy LOL. you get used to it. when we were racing regularly it was nothing to spend $100 a night on parts.

watched one guy total a $1200 road car when he hit a wall head on at full speed. it was epic but also his last night racing. couldn't afford to replace the car.

ezbtr

Commander
steering servo fried, I am not replacing a brand new one - returned, Traxxas is awesome and fast!! Not crashed yet, LOL :)

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats on quitting smoking! It's been almost 3 weeks for me at this point. My JUUL is a life saver.

ezbtr

Commander
Congrats on quitting smoking! It's been almost 3 weeks for me at this point. My JUUL is a life saver.

Was 11 mos yesterday, cold turkey, no pills etc., saving approx $300 a month! No high BP, pills at all, course I did gain about 10 lbs :)
Congrats to you, keep it up!!!

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Was 11 mos yesterday, cold turkey, no pills etc., saving approx $300 a month! No high BP, pills at all, course I did gain about 10 lbs :)
Congrats to you, keep it up!!!

Man, cold turkey is intense! I would be such a jerk from withdrawls. Hope to start weaning myself off the vape soon.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
I have played in the wet stuff now and then as well, however I would caution you.
"waterproof" with R/C cars is optimistic sometimes. I have smoked a couple engines that way.

now days my electronics are too pricey to risk LOL

ezbtr

Commander
Man, cold turkey is intense! I would be such a jerk from withdrawls. Hope to start weaning myself off the vape soon.

it IS, but I figured I couldnt enjoy the life I have and worked so hard for, more money for fun!!!! :) Go for a brisk walk w/ dogs, anything, just get moving, will take your mind off it! 29 ish years 1-1.5 packs a day!!!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
yep worst part is if you are sitting around and just thinking about a smoke. I went cold turkey 15 years ago.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
I never smoked at home. It was only a stress relief thing at work, and sometimes in the car on the way home. Bought my last pack of refill pods earlier this week. Gonna do my best to not buy any more.