Wife learned of SUV she HATES!

aspeck

Staff member
Last Friday my wife was rear ended while sitting at a red light (no one was injured). Driver of other car admitted he was not paying attention and was fined. His insurance Co., GIECO, has been great. There has been no issue with the body shop we wanted, they offered a rental, and when we saw what rental it was, they upgraded her to an SUV, like she was driving because of her caring for the grandkids a couple days a week. I say SUV LIKE, but not really. Her GMC Acadia held up like a tank vs the VW that was totaled when it collided with her back bumper. We picked up the rental, A Hyundai Santa Fe, yesterday. Although she is grateful she has SOMETHING to drive, I keep hearing, "It sure isn't like my Acadia." "It sure isn't as comfortable as my Acadia." It sure isn't ..." You get the point. I was only in the Santa Fe once, and yes, it wasn't the Acadia! I think my wife might love her Acadia more than ME! YIKES!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure that's the case, 'speck. Who sleeps in the garage?

aspeck

Staff member
3 vehicle and one boat in the garages ... my vehicle sits outside (wife says that is so I can leave quicker for fire/ems calls). Maybe that is where she disappears to when she says "she can't sleep?"

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Whew - I thought it might be you cuz she loves her Arcadia more! :boink::D

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Friend owns a santa fe. He refuses to stomp on the accelerator because "it makes him sad". Much of his trim has broke

Your wife is right, its not like the GMC