Nascar - 2018 Race #9 - No Fords Or Chevys Allowed At Richmond Saturday Night

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's Toyota weekend at Richmond this week, ToyotaCare 250 for the X-Men and Cup racers in the Toyota Owners 400. This is one of the short schedules with Cup practice and qualifying on Friday followed by the race Saturday night and X-Men practice, qualify and race on Saturday.

38 Cuppers are entered, once again a short field. And NO rain and NO rain in the forecast - That will be nice! Here is the MRN schedule; [h=1]Richmond Schedule of Events

By MRN Staff April 16, 2018 at 10:54 pm[/h] All Times Eastern
Friday, April 20
Xfinity Series First Practice: 8:00 a.m.-8:45 a.m.
Xfinity Series Final Practice: 9:40 a.m.-10:25 a.m. (FS1)
Monster Energy Cup Series First Practice: 11:05 a.m.-11:55 a.m. (MRN/FS1)
Monster Energy Cup Series Final Practice: 12:35 p.m.-1:25 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Xfinity Series Qualifying: 4:05 p.m. (FS1)
Monster Energy Cup Series Qualifying: 5:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Radio Pre-Race: 6:30 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
Xfinity Series ToyotaCare 250: 7:00 p.m. (MRN/FS1)

Saturday, April 21
Radio Pre-Race: 5:30 p.m.(MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 6:00 p.m. (FOX)
Monster Energy Cup Series Toyota Owners 400: 6:30 p.m. (MRN/FOX)

News and Notes
  • I have watched this video over and over - I can't see where the tire was that was hit. A few moments earlier would be nice see if it rolled out of the box. Still a great catch by the Menard crew guy! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
  • Ford is switching to Mustangs for Cup next year. The only front-drive conversion will be Toyotas then, I don't think they have any rear drive cars.
  • No post-race penalties except for Stenhouse with loose lugnuts for a $10K crew chief hit
  • TV ratings - Got two of them, Sunday and Monday. Sunday was 2.3 and the finish on Monday was 1.4. Last year the complete rain-delayed Monday race pulled a 1.5

iBoats Fantasy Live
  • FloridaFishingNetwork is the latest winner. His wipers worked better than the rest of us. LOL You get congrats and the gold. 🏆
  • FlaCowboy is the overall leader - Again. LOL
  • WARNING WILL ROBINSON - FL says pole lock is at 8PM, which is mid-way through the X-Race, Better lock your pole pick by 5:20 Saturday. No, I don't trust Nascar! Should I? :lol:

Good luck,
Humpty-Boater

64osby

Admiral
[*]I have watched this video over and over - I can't see where the tire was that was hit. A few moments earlier would be nice see if it rolled out of the box. Still a great catch by the Menard crew guy! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Good luck,
Humpty-Boater

The tire carrier was humping 2 tires, the car going to the next pit picked off the tire that was on his left shoulder. He made a great save and got the tire to the rear wheel just in time.

GA_Boater

Guess I'll watch it one more time............or three. LOL

Thanks, 64.

GA_Boater

Finally saw it. The tire was blended with the black on the uniform. Still an amazing catch!

aspeck

Staff member
An absolutely incredible catch! Great reflexes to run the length of the pit box, snag the tire and run back to slam it home for the wrench man ... Guy should get a "Catch" bonus!

GA_Boater

Both Cup practices are over. Elliott was fastest in the 1st and Larson was fastest in the second.

When I made my pole pick, it was still showing 8PM as the cut-off time. That's 2.5 hours late - Pick before about 5:20 on the safe side.

GA_Boater

Truex_ wins the pole at Elliott will start second, then Logano, Hamlin, Larson, Busch41, Jones, McMurray, Byron, Harvick, Bowman and 12th is Stenhouse.

X-Men are Dashing 4 Cash now.

GA_Boater

Sadler wins the $100,000 check after finishing 3rd. Bell won the X-Race, Hemric won Heat 1 and Sadler won Heat 2.

That's it for racing tonight. Until tomorrow for a Saturday night race.

Don't forget to set your rosters by 6:25 ET.

GA_Boater

Ya know is a shame? Tonight's X-Race was the eighth race and only 2 X-Reg's are locked into the X-Chase. Bell tonight and Reddick at Daytona. The remaining 6 races were won by Cuppers or as last week at Bristol, a part-time driver in Ryan Preese.

GA_Boater

Pre-race is underway. Hope y'all got your rosters updated.

GA_Boater

Pit penalties - The Dinger & Larson uncontrolled tire. Unhappy Harvick to the rear for throwing equipment - Bad pit gun?

Back to green with Joey leading, then Busch41 takes the lead.

GA_Boater

Heat 2 pit penalties - Newman uncontrolled tire and Byron too fast.

GA_Boater

1st caution. Gotta see who is involved. Saw Stenhouse spinning and some smoking cars.