I've done a bad thing

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Our 4 year mix breed dog has developed a habit that is about to drive me up the wall! It started off good; but now ######.
He is like a shadow most of the time outside; but still will wander off; (not far; but can't be seen). He always comes back. To keep track of him I bought a small cow bell; to better know where he is.Tied it on him with a shoestring for easy removal. He loves it! He has been trained to keep his stuff in a corner. The minute I start for the front door he is right there with bell in mouth sitting. Come back inside;he takes it back to his corner. He keeps track of his stuff too. I have hidden that bell many times; he will let us know somethings "Not Right". After about 1o-15 minutes it gets old.

alldodge

Staff member
When I first read this I had one big grin, then after thinking about it I feel your pain. Take the clapper out of the bell

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Tried that; didn't work. Taped the clapper to the bell; his look said "NO".. He broke the string once; came up to me with the bell in his mouth and dropped it. Thought about a smaller fishing weight; or maybe earplugs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Oh, YOU"RE that guy with the cowbell clanging as you cruise across the lake. :)

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
No Sir; not us! He is not a "Boat dog";; doesn't go. Right now he is kinda poorly.; got snake bit this morning' With a baby aspirin and Children's Benadryl; he is moving slower. Still ate a scrambled egg and eating my "Oreos" with a tennis ball in his throat. Be a good time to work on that clapper

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Oh no! Hope he gets well soon.

You'll be happy when he picks up the cowbell again.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
You would be surprised to see what a "laced"cookie will do. Didn't move a muscle for over 4 hours. When he woke up; he ran to the door .Next treatment due around midnight.
Did find some smaller weights for the clapper.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Can give dog and bell update! Henis OK; moving slow; but moving. Stays closer now.

Modified clapper; not as loud.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Will this new and improved Clapper show up in Christmas ads? ;)

Glad he is improving along with your hearing.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
You train the dog then complain that he does as you trained him?
Sir, the joke is on you. Or perhaps I'm missing the point here ....
:yo:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I admit I created a situation; just made a modification to improve the original design. He's OK with it!