boat name opinions

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
was thinking of a name to put in the new boat.
my current thought is
"Almost Grown"

folks who know me regularly hear me say "you gotta grow old but you don't have to grow up"

plus it is a line in a Chuck Berry song and he was one of my favorite artists

any thoughts?

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
As long as you know the meaning of whatever you name it I dont see why others need to be able to “get it” IMO. Sounds like it could be a good name though, nice and short!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Boat names are personal to those naming the boat. As Sam mentioned, the rest of the population doesnt need to "get it"

I dont get most boat names.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some glaring "bad idea" with the name. LOL

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I thought about naming mine "panic" but put it up side down...so if you can read it....

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
or perhaps time to panic! I'm not sure your supposed to but names up side down, coast guard might frown on that but I'd think it would be funny!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It's personal. I knew a guy that owned a Strip Joint, "Hole in the Water" Could be cost of operation or??? Tony Soprano's "Stugats" can not be translated into PG rated, it is directly translated from colloquial Italian to a males reproductive organ, i.e. "Your productive organ."

Ken Kitchen

Cadet
Hi Guys... All of the recreational items we own are named " LazyDays " Our Motorhome was named LazyDays I, Sold it. Our campsites are named LazyDays II & LazyDays III. Boats are the same, P/V LazyDays II & F/V LazyDays III. Our first boat was LazyDays I, sold it. Kinda sounds like a theme.... I like it..