NFL - Offseason News

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Here you go WIMUSKY, Kirk Cousins has arrived in Minnesota and slated to sign a 3 year $84,000,000 contract.

AJ McCarron signs with Bills, 2 year 10 million plus incentive laden contract.

Shu cut by Miami and is in New Orleans looking for work. Maybe as a Gator wrestler.

Alex Smith introduced by Redskin brass.

Bridgewater to NY Jets.

RB Russ Burket signs with New England. Another Belichick RB/Slot clone.

Danny Amendola to Miami.

Many other moves.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
John DiFilippo named as Offensive Co-ordintor for your Vikes WIMUSKY, he was QB coach for the Eagles, he did pretty good with Wence and Folks eh? He is from Youngstown Ohio. My relatives there spell DiFilippo, DeFilippo, same name as mine except we here in Canada spell it the right way. My mom from NY maiden name is Sebastian, my great grand parents name was Sebastiani. When my grand papa arrived at Elis Island in 1906 someone dropped the "I", simple as that.

John DiFilippo with an I.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Bring him on. All the changes the Vikes are making, I think thy're getting serious. I had Wentz on my Fantasy team, he did great until he was hurt..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Some other rule will pop up next year, but the catch rule fumbled after they looked at the Dez Bryant and Jesse James catches, saying they were catches.

aspeck

Staff member
For once the NFL is getting something right ... now if we can just get NASCAR to follow suit ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
He (Vincent) added that only indisputable video evidence will change the call on the field rather than the previous "clear and obvious" requirement.

Are all these guys Harvard schooled Lawyers? What is the difference between "clear and obvious" and "indisputable video evidence"?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
OBJ is holding out for an extension with the Giants. This is the guy that played a whole 4 games last year. Giants say no one is indispensable.

Jets retracted their offer to Suh. Now the Rams are top runners along with the Titans and Saints. I think he'd fit right in with the Raiders...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good. The Vikes were looking at him, almost made me hurl.....

GA_Boater

The NFL almost made defensive pass interference a 15 yard penalty like the NCAA, instead of a spot foul. Cooler heads prevailed and the rule was left intact. I could see defenders flattening receivers left and right.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Why don't they just play flag football, then injuries would go way down........ NASCAR or the NFL, who will crash and burn 1st....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The biggest news is the initialing a strike with the helmet, 15 yard penalty and possible ejection.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-to-helmet-penalty/1tkxgno8gk1md1xkevhksca5aj

My helmet is in on my head, my head is on my shoulders, my eyes are in my head. How in the H am I supposed to tackle someone without my helmet being on my head and my head facing my opponent? Oh I know, I'll take the guys knees out with my shoulder. I won't get a penalty or tossed. A guy playing in the NFL today has most likely played since the age of 8, now everything he has been taught is wrong and don't do it. When I stopped playing the guys said "come and play flag football", can I take a guys head off? No of course not, might as well go Golfing. And this league is concerned with viewership? Football is dangerous, that's why people watch it. Fighting in a War is dangerous too, finding people to fight a War isn't difficult. I don't get it anymore, sorry ranting and rambling.

aspeck

Staff member
It is the "new" philosophy ... everyone is on an even playing field and no one is allowed to get hurt.

GA_Boater

Ya know the robot Fox uses during games? Get used to teams of them so no one gets a booboo. The NFLPA will forced out of business by automation and the owners will be happy with no contracts to honor.