Nascar - 2018 Race #3 - Rollin' Dice in Vegas.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The third race of the year is coming to us from Las Vegas. We'll have Cup, X-Men and Trucks running around another 1.5 mile track. Of course The Twerp will run all 3 races - I wish Nascar would put a stop to BuschWhacking. From MRN, the schedule;

vegasmar18.PNG

37 names on the entry list, so no qualifying drama as all will make the field. On the weather front - No rainy fronts, but Friday and Saturday are gonna be windy. windy.PNG

News and Notes
  • Trouble in Paradise? Monster has requested another extension to renewal talks. I don't think it's looking good.
  • Atlanta penalties - Cup (Harvick) and X-Men had 3 teams total with loose lugnuts, only fines. Trucks had a more severe issue when The Twerp decided to turn a 4 tire change into a 2 tire change and left the pits with the left rear tire nutless. The tire came off as he exited and he backed up into his pit to put a tire back on. The Twerp's Truck CC, jackman and rear tire changer got 3 race suspensions, while The Twerp got nothing for backing up on pit road, a clear violation. Why does Nascar coddle this guy?
  • Will Jeff Gordon be saddled in the broadcast booth next year with the Waltrips? His Fox contract expires at the end of the year and Gordon is getting more involved with Hendrick as time goes on. He is mentoring the Hendrick new guys and when Fox finished up their half of last season's races, Gordon was on the pit stand coaching Chase Elliott. Watch this space.
  • TV ratings - Against the Olympics,the race scored a 3.1 vs 3.6 last year. To be fair, NBC didn't really have any live Olympic coverage against the race. It's just more poor ratings in my opinion.

iBoats Fantasy Live
  • Make no 🍖🍖 about it - FlaCowboy won the week! LOL Congrats Cowboy. 🏆
  • Our new overall leader is the Cowboy............................For now.
  • Cup qualifying is 7PM EST, so make that pole pick before then for the chance to get the 5 bonus points. Good luck.

Humpty_Boater

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Vegas...leave your wallets at home folks...:D

Thanks GA...and I promise "not" to use this trophy as a wheel chock...;)

64osby

Admiral
Roulette wheel talk, - Roll them bones!

Does loose wheels mean it is "cucumbered" win? Therefore FLC win is "cucumbered"? Just asking. :rolleyes:

Hoping to pick up another wheel chock this week. I have 9 trailers in the yard, I need lots of wheel chocks.:D

aspeck

Staff member
Cucumbered win!
images

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Cucumbered win!
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com\/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHcmOx0CRnPKQl605abqQlrqdgS63WGs7Up9NomEEwlUaB1bT6"**[/IMG2]

Burp-less or no. :watermelon:

aspeck

Staff member
No ... cucumber burps can be fun to throw in other peoples direction! :triumphant::faint::D

GA_Boater

The single practice before qualifying is over. Larson had the fastest time, followed by Harvick, Menard, The Twerp and Byron in the top 5 times. No 10 lap averages cuz very few made more than 3 laps and only 2 went 10+ laps.

Qualifying is locked at 7:10 PM EST.

GA_Boater

If you picked Ryan Blaney for the pole - Pocket the 5 bonus points. :D I was oh so close with Harvick, followed by Busch41, Truex, Larson, Elliott, Stenhouse, Keso, Jones, Logano, Bowyer and 12th, Menard.

Sunday 3:25 PM EST is the next lock time to pick the rest of your rosters.

GA_Boater

Truck race is about to start. Naturally The Twerp is on the pole.

GA_Boater

Heats 1 & 2 were won by regular Truckers, but The Twerp won the race taking points and money away for real Truck drivers. I don't care if he owns the team or not, it isn't right. 2 through 5 were Sauter, Moffit, Enfinger and Friesen.

A couple more Cup practices and X-Qualifying tomorrow with the X-Race at 4PM.

GA_Boater

X-Race just finished and Larson won, followed by Bell, Allgaier, Blaney and Sadler. Larson and Blaney are BuschWhacking. Larson and Bell won the Heats.

Best quote of the day from Ricky Craven;
1f914.png
Sometimes.... sticking your left middle finger out the drivers side window - helps tighten the Car up

GA_Boater

Reminder - 3:25 is the lock time for iFL roster picks.

The race is on FS1 and the online streaming service I used last year has dried up. PRN isn't as easy to use as MRN to listen.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Just check my local schedule and around these parts on Dish, the race is going to be on FOX not FS1

GA_Boater

What happened to Shrubby?

The Twerp had a refueling penalty on the last pit stop and got a pass-through. I was heartbroken! :rolleyes:

Just check my local schedule and around these parts on Dish, the race is going to be on FOX not FS1

MRN is still showing FS1, MT. Looked at the TV section of the Sunday paper - Lo and behold, it's on Fox. I gotta stop believing everything I see on the ol' Interweb. :facepalm:

A little more than an hour to finalize your rosters, iFL Racers. :smile:

GA_Boater

Johnson lost his car chief when his flunked pre-race inspection 3 times. Jesse Saunders was ejected for the race before the #48 passed the 4th time. Johnson will lose practice time at the next race at Phoenix.

The front tire changer for Bubba Wallaces #43 hurt his hand while prepping the car today and went to the hospital. Musta been bad! No idea if the replacement changer will affect pit stop times.