Nascar - 2018 Race #1 - Daytona 500

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ryan Blaney won Duel #1 and Chase Elliott took #2.

Notable wrecks - Larson, Keso, Johnson, Almirola and rookie in the #24, Bryon.

The field is set, feel free to make your iFL roster picks.

GA_Boater

Enduro race - I like that. LOL

Only 15 of 32 finished on the lead lap.

GA_Boater

All the Cup practices and qualifying is done. Bowman and Hamlin are on the front row. A few cars are starting at the rear - Brad Keselowski, Austin Dillon, Aric Almirola, William Byron, Matt DiBenedetto, Kyle Larson, Jimmie Johnson and David Gilliland.

For the upcoming X-Men race two crew chiefs and a car chief have been ejected. With the new rules the CC and car chief for Dillon's #3 got tossed for rear suspension violations and the #74 CC got bumped for not making it through inspection 4 times. Nascar seems to be getting more serious about inspections. Haven't heard about any Cup cars with inspection issues.

Choose your iFL roster wisely. It's a new ball game this year.

GA_Boater

Had to listen to the X-Race on MRN, couldn't find an FS1 stream. :blue:

What I heard was how to turn a 120 lap race into more than 138 laps - Triple Overtime and It isn't finished yet.

Cars are running out of gas cuz of the extra laps. I hate plate racing!

Is a 4th OT coming or will this race finally end?

GA_Boater

A short Red Flag and the track lights were turned on cuz it's dusk. If the past 2 year old overtime line was still in use this race would have been over during the 1st OT. I didn't like the OT line, but this is ridiculous.

GA_Boater

After 143 laps for a 120 lap race a rookie wins - Tyler Reddick with a .001 second edge over Elliott Sadler. Borh JR/m cars.

Reed, Grala and Smithley round out the top 5. The good thing about the 4 OTs - The BuschWhackers were knocked out or damaged too bad to push the X-Regs out of the way.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I know I'm late to the dance, a Chevy Camaro wins. I watched a bit today and switched to the Golf game! Sorry I don't get Nascar until the 500 and then the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 500 the same day. Anyone that can drive 1000 miles doing 185 MPH avg. on the same day is MY guy, if only that he doesn't have to urinate 50 or more times like me.

GA_Boater

Does the Daytona 500 really need a 3 1/2 hour pregame show. My ears are bleeding from hearing Waltrips for 2 hours and there are at least 5 1/2 hours to go unless OT's are piled up like the X-Race yesterday. :doh:

Don't let the clock run out on making your rosters.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Does the Daytona 500 really need a 3 1/2 hour pregame show. My ears are bleeding from hearing Waltrips for 2 hours and there are at least 5 1/2 hours to go unless OT's are piled up like the X-Race yesterday. :doh:

Don't let the clock run out on making your rosters.

Ummm, then why are you watching? :confused: I just turned to FOX........:D

GA_Boater

I switched to PBS until the blood clotted. LOL

Can't beat a Navy band for the Anthem!

GA_Boater

Dale Jr. just gave the command to start 'em up. One of the better ones, I must say.

GA_Boater

Don't see any iFL'ers who picked Bowman for the pole. Surprised someone didn't pick the #88.

The to the back cars have peeled off and almost time.

Green flag for Heat #1!

GA_Boater

First caution of 2018, but not the last. LaJoie looses his motor and hasn't found it yet. :smile:

10 laps in.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
FYI...I started my smoker at 10 this morning...so I have plenty of rib bones if needed...:D

Good Luck Everyone...:eagerness:

GA_Boater

I might be soon testing the Garage feature of the new FL. :blue: