Holy Molly

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Hello again everyone. Yes I am still alive, barely. It's been a horrible year but I'm hoping for a much better next year. Quick update about me and what has happened since I was last here.

Feb I had a catheterization done on both legs and was recovering nicely and looking forward to getting in the garage and back to the boat. Then on Saturday April 10 I was taken in with chest pain again. They got me stable and shipped me to Milwaukee where they scheduled me for a heart cath on Sunday Morning. That was unsuccessful and on Monday they did a triple bypass. Again recovery and PT was going well and I was walking almost an hour every day until it all fell apart again and my legs occluded again. That was just before Halloween. After all the testing, Doppler tests and CT scans we finally had another surgery on Dec. 18th. Again both legs. They did a procedure called Bi-Femoral Endarterectomy. Just now starting to regain my feet and getting off the pain killers. Right leg and foot are still swollen and very noticeable. But I'm hoping the worst is over.

Now I have to say I do not recognize the place with the upgrade. Looks nice. How long has it been? Now to see if I can get back in the loop and start participating again. I really miss the boat, being on the water and catching all those great fish. Plus I just found out the DNR just restocked a ton of walleye, northern, yellow perch and SM Bass. Not sure why they put more northern into the lake as they are everywhere.

Well time to go browse around and see what's new.

Kevin

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Good to see you back, Kevin, altough it sounds like a crummy year. Mabe now that you’re on the mend, the Blackhawks will do their part to help you recover and start playing better hockey...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome back, major changes were over christmas weekend.

Hope 2018 goes significantly better the '17.

Nice to have ya back around the joint.

Check out the Resto and Starcraft 2017 SOTY nominees, voting starts @ end of 1st week of Jan.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome back Kevin. I know you had a rough year. All prayers and hopes that 2018 is a year of recovery for you.

Good to see you here.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome back, and wish you a speedy recovery.

The iboats upgrade has been in the works for a while, but just went live a few weeks ago.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Welcome back bonz, glad to see you here again! Been wondering about ya. Sounds like a really bad 2017 for you. I hope your 2018 is much better! :)

Tnstratofam

Commander
Welcome Back.Prayers for a quick and solid recovery headed your way.

Hope 2018 is a great year for all of us.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Welcome back and hope you are able to get out an hammer the fish come spring.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Holy Molly is right! Glad you're back and getting better, Kevin.

Wishing for a Happy 2018 New Year and beyond! Some of those stockers have your name them. :fish: Ooops, wrong fish - Meant :fish2: :D

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well thank you all for the warm reception.
About the only real good that came from all this is that I haven't had a cigarette since 4/9/17. The day I thought I was having a heart attack. Still struggle with the cravings for a smoke but I know from past experience that all it would take is just one and I'd be back to it. More changes as my cardiologist for the past 16 years is retiring after the 1st of the year though I already met with a new one. He is also a vascular surgeon that specializes in legs, another WooHoo!

Now it's been so long since I've been out in the garage and the fact that the son has been in there I hope I can still find all the hardware to put the Sea Nymph back together. I know it's not going to take much to finish it off and get it back in the water. Also come spring I think I'll be putting the Alumacraft up for sale as I don't think I'll have the money to finish it off the way I would like plus the smaller Sea Nymph will be much easier for me to handle at the ramp.

Jas,, for some reason we haven't been getting many of the Hawks games on TV up here in Wi. The Sports channel is showing all of the Minnesota games. Why they went to that market is beyond me. Must be because of contracts with Comcast.

aspeck

Staff member
Dang, Kev, you trying to become the $6Mil man? Get better and stay outa the hospital! Glad to see you back!

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer
Wow, I thought I was reading a post about me :-o.
I went in on Oct. 25 for cardiac catheter dye testing to find the source of chest pains.

A week later, I wake from an induced coma with my brother exclaiming, "Hey, you're not dead."
After my initial test i was awake for about 4 hours, then CODED, emergency 4x CABG and subsequent CODE, return to surgery for PCI of two stents, pacemaker, and balloon pump. While in rehab, I was thinking how can I sell my boat in the middle of winter from a hospital bed?

I guess it's a good thing we survived, are you going back to work or going fishing?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I guess it's a good thing we survived, are you going back to work or going fishing?

Surviving is a good thing. This has been a long ongoing problem for a long time. I've got a synthetic tube running down to both legs and 11 stents and now that triple bypass. I'll be out of work 3 years this February so yeah I'm looking to go fishing. These past 2 years are the 1st time I have not bought a fishing license in my adult life. So now to get healed and back at it!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Check your local regs.In Ontario if your over 65 no fishing lisc is required or if your like me and have a disability parking tag at any age.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
glad you're on the mend Bonz. now we gotta get the mercury up a little higher so the hard water goes away.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Was going to try getting to the indoor shooting range this past weekend with the wife But my right foot blew up so bad I couldn't get a shoe on it. Real shame because I definitely need to get out of the house.

We also now have enough ice that the folks are getting out on the lake. Little brother is all excited.

angus63

Captain
Soon enough you'll be putting a dent in that new bio mass of fish! Be well and jig away!!!