Christmas Gifts....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Wife and I are going on a cruise for new years, so we got a few stocking stuffers for each other since the cruise is our big gift

Mrs Clause is now sporting ear rings and a ring as well as new RTIC can coolers for the boat..... i have a few summit racing gift cards along with a new bow light and new drink holders for the boat along with a pair of double-x pliers

Admirals's mom got me a new FLIR one and a new DA for sanding the boat. SIL/BIL gave a new IR thermometer and digital tach

the FLIR will come in handy with the up-coming bathroom re-model and I hope to be able to finally trace out the yard sprinkler plumbing

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Got a new craftsman tool set . Son got me a keel guard for the Manatee I just painted .. But the best gift was from the Admiral ... She gave me the money from her bonus check to buy a new surfboard ! :bounce:
I haven't had a new board in prolly 10 years ! Gunna get one custom shaped ...

alldodge

Staff member
I got nothing and neither did the wife, get presents for kids only. We have never exchanged gifts. If we need something we buy it, if we want something, we also get it, but the hard part is deciding our self, "do we really want/need it". Were two of a kind, were both frugal

Never heard of using a Forward Looking Infrared Radar (FLIR) for a bathroom :D

southkogs

Staff member
Were two of a kind, were both frugal
We're kinda' the same way AD. Get the kids a couple of things, and we'll take advantage of some of the holiday sales - but we try to keep the gift giving as a secondary part of the holiday.

... well ... and we're a little cheap too :)

aspeck

Staff member
Wife and I agreed on no gifts ... daughter got momma a Roomba with Dad's help ... momma loves it. I got the joy of watching wife and kids and nieces and nephews and in-laws and outlaws open gifts ... had 19 at the house Christmas day ... that was my Christmas gift.