NFL - Week 16

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Our NFL corespondent is heading out of town for Christmas family visits. Hope he made his picks before he hit the road. LOL

So I have been tasked with the Christmas edition of our weekly NFL thread.

Saturday, Christmas Pre-Eve, has two games on tap - Colts vs Ravens and Vikes vs Packers.
Sunday, Christmas Eve - 12 games
Monday, Christmas - Afternoon, Steelers vs Texans and MNF - Raiders vs Eagles.

Steelers and Patriots are still looking for home field through the playoffs, same with the Eagles who have a 1st round bye sewn up.
Loser of Seahawks vs Cowboys is out of the playoffs
Cleveland is still perfection.

Ins and Outs;
Steelers Antonio Brown is out for a couple of weeks with a partial calf muscle tear
Packers Aaron Rodgers is on IR after playing last week, which didn't do his busted collarbone any favors.
The Zeke is back for the Cowboys after serving his 6 weeks in Godell's Gaol <---- Click​

Pick'em;

Bassman was Top Dawg with 14 wins and jumped over Homer to 2nd place
Bassman is out of 1st place by 4 wins under LIG. :D
Free free to add to the thread and Merry Christmas to All. 🎅🏻

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I was taking a little chance on the Pack but with Rodgers out I better change my pick ...
Can't believe with a win against the Niners we win our division ! From worst to first would just add to a great season thus far The TC hire as GM seems to be paying off ..
This game does scare me quite a bit though .. I think we are something like 1-9 when we travel to the west coast ..
Might be a good make up pick for anyone trying to take a chance ! :eyebrows:
Enjoy the games and Have a great Christmas everyone !!

bassman284

Commander
Those footsteps you hear are me creepin' up on ya, GA! 14 is definitely my personal record. At least half of those picks were looking bad early but squeaked through.

GA_Boater

Creaky floors, BM. LOL

Raven beat the Colts 23-16 , moving up to the #5 AFC seed.

Vikings at Packers coming up on NBC.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks GA! 11.5hr trip which included a few white outs and we're watching the Vikes getting another win.... :)

GA_Boater

Thanks GA! 11.5hr trip which included a few white outs and we're watching the Vikes getting another win.... :)

Yep! Vikes shut out the Pack 16-0. Think I heard them say it's the Vikings 1st shutout in 24 years!

Did you look like the Icicle Man who was rooting for the Packers? LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	froze.PNG Views:	1 Size:	407.3 KB ID:	10524507

So far this weekend all of us Pigskin Pick'emers are batting 1000% - No losers. :D

Last edited:

boatman37

Lieutenant
Hate that the Steelers play on X-Mas day. Probably won't see much of the game with everything going on.

aspeck

Staff member
Hate that the Steelers haven't been playing Harrison, and now have cut the old man ...

bassman284

Commander

Ah, the joys of the Christmas road trip. We got about an inch overnight.. The city didn't even bother to get the plows out.

aspeck

Staff member
Unbelievable! The replay booth does it again and reverses a TD against New England that there was just not enough evidence to overturn. This time it goes against the Bills. NFL continues to lose credibility.

for the record, I agree it was a close call and Benjamin might not
have had the second foot down when he gained possession. However, the call was a TD on the field and you “need” conclusive evidence to overturn an on the field call ... there was not conclusive evidence there ... Play should have stood as called.

GA_Boater

Pats have tied it up at 16 all.

Aren't reviews done in New York NFL HQ instead of at the field? You know - Where they're playing the game.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like old Blake has returned ... :cold:
Someone forgot to send the memo to the Niners offense that they are facing the #1 defense ...
I told ya we never play well on the west coast ...
Not playing like division champs at the moment ...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Rams NFC west champs even though replacement kicker Ficken nearly costs them the game. They are in trouble if he is the best they can find. Jeez he sucks!

bassman284

Commander
Well, at least the Cardinals held serve in the late games. Figured there would be upsets today, just didn't know which ones to pick.

GA_Boater

Cincinnati over the Lions was a minor upset, Hawks/Cowboys could have gone either way with the Cowboys figuring Elliott was saving their bacon and the Niners over the Jags should never have happened.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
the Niners over the Jags should never have happened.

The west coast curse ! I listened to the whole game on the radio .. Sounded like a lot of bad calls going against us ..
Next up the hated Titans.. Coin flip on that one .. Not the way we needed to play going into the playoffs ...

aspeck

Staff member
GA, if I am going to gain on you, you gotta stop copying my picks!

GA_Boater

I'm glad I didn't copy your picks - We would be tied. :D

Merry Christmas iBoats Fantasy players - Football, Racers and Mad Marchers.