Dale Jr Foundation.

sam60

Captain
OK, I can't take it any more and got to share. As GA_ told me last night, I might burst at the seams if I hold this in. I have bought a single $25 raffle ticket to win Dale's ride for the last 7 years. Since it's already on his Facebook & Twitter....Your fellow iboats member is the proud owner of a 2017 Corvette with an additional $31K added on for Federal taxes. Kelley Earnhardt called me yesterday and she is a down to earth sweetheart. This dude is a slightly stoked.

http://www.thedalejrfoundation.org/support/windalejrsride/default.aspx

sam60

Captain
I have no business owning, driving or insuring a corvette. The owner of the company I work for is a high end car guy and knows some people. I might find an old Chevelle when I retire....more my speed.

aspeck

Staff member
Wooohoooo! Congrats and way to go Sam! You deserve it ... can I come visit and take her for a spin? LOL!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Holly smokes Sam !!!! That is so freaking awesome !!! Congratulations !! Are they gunna throw in a big supply of fuel ?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So your jeans split, Sam. LOL

Congrats on an awesome win! That is a bright yellow Vette! Hope you saved a pair of eclipse glasses.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Now you know your gunna have to post some pics of you behind the wheel ... You know the rules !

southkogs

Staff member
:car: :whoo: :car: :whoo: :car: :whoo: :car: :whoo: :car:

Ha! Glad you didn't try to hold it in longer! I'm really happy for you. Definitely need to see some pictures!

sam60

Captain
There will be many pics once I get the notice of when JR can be at his shop to autograph it and hand me the keys. They do a photo shoot promo. I'll be sure to snap some of my own. Put some clear tape on your computer screen to protect from my ugly mug cracking it.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
wow fantastic! congrats.

funny an older friend of mine just bought that same car. I asked him why that instead of an older chevelle or nova or even an older vette.

his answer was simple. he didn't want something he had to work on, just go drive and have fun.

you should keep it and enjoy it. besides you know what they say................"chicks dig it"

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I have no business owning, driving or insuring a corvette. The owner of the company I work for is a high end car guy and knows some people. I might find an old Chevelle when I retire....more my speed.

I've always loved Vettes. The new ones are awesome! Both me and my daughter drool over them. And yes, that is my favorite color....

Does anyone have any business owning one, probably not. But who cares, you have a lot of peoples dream car! Drive that sucker!

Congrats, Sam!

Ps. I'll be in line right behind Art...... :car::D
Pss. I'm going to forward that link to my daughter.... :)

82rude

Rear Admiral
Wow ! thats the nicest 25 dollar vette ive ever seen,lol.Congrats,enjoy it bud its only a 25 dollar car.I saw a blue one yesterday at the tsc store and their beauties.And im a ford guy, so when i say a gm is a beauty im impressed.Again congrats.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
wait a minute! what was I thinking? I can help you out with your dilema about this versus an old car.

I have a 1973 super beetle, will trade even up, sight unseen. I will even deliver. LOL

it is actually my girlfriend's car but I feel pretty sure she won't mind

aspeck

Staff member
I'll go a little newer than avenger and trade you even up for my daughters 2005 Grand Am GT 2dr with 138K on her ... just broken in! And I will even do the body work that is scheduled for next week (rocker panel repair).

sam60

Captain
Guys, thanks for all of the congrats & trade offers! :laugh: I still don't know when I fly to Charlotte to meet Dale & get the keys but as more time passes, my mind is starting to wander a bit....driving it to work Fridays, a drive through Red Rock, out to Lake Mead, Etc.

Then my wife pops into my head to remind me that we don't owe much on the house & should pay it off and have plenty to do kitchen and bath remodels.:facepalm: