Dale Jr Foundation.

sam60

Captain
Sam - You don't want a glasser. Tinnies are the way to go.

Yeah, GA_, nothing but tin from here forward. I'll never again own an I/O and especially not an OMC. That wa$ quite the experience.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, GA_, nothing but tin from here forward. I'll never again own an I/O and especially not an OMC. That wa$ quite the experience.

Not that glasser - The other yellow one! :rolleyes: :lol:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sam, you don't want to sell that car right away, Jeff Gordon's give away cars are now going for over a half million dollars and a signed Jimmie Johnson car went over the blocks at Mecum for just about 3/4 of a million dollars after he won his 7th last year, you are getting the last car his foundation will be giving away while he is still an active driver. You will have a nice piece of money in the bank with that car and it will do nothing but go up in value and you will still be able to drive it. It is already a great piece of history and it will do nothing but grow in value and I bet if you listed it right after you got it, you would sell it very quick, but I don't recommend that!

I guarantee you that if JJ wins another championship this year making number 8 all of his foundation cars will be tipping a million dollars.

Lee Iaccoca's personal 1964.5 Mustang, just went for over 4.5 million and Carol Shelby's original Cobra is valued at over 15 million dollars now.

These types of cars are true dream cars.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
I hear you MT. The president of the company I work for is a very connected car guy. He told me to just get it out west using Reliable enclosed transport and be patient. He is connected to the Barrett Jackson folks and also has a race car at the Spring Mountain track. It may be stored there due to the heavy security they have. I'll let my MRS. keep her POS Equinox in the garage.

sam60

Captain
It has 260 miles on it from Dale Jr and his wife driving it. I'd like to drive it to 388 miles on the odometer before it leaves my hands. Get my drift?

Actually 387 so the new owner can turn it to 3 88.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I hear you MT. The president of the company I work for is a very connected car guy. He told me to just get it out west using Reliable enclosed transport and be patient. He is connected to the Barrett Jackson folks and also has a race car at the Spring Mountain track. It may be stored there due to the heavy security they have. I'll let my MRS. keep her POS Equinox in the garage.

By the way, I forgot to add, I am glad someone got it that is going to take care of it, I have been buying tickets For Jeff, Jimmie and Jr. for quite a few years now and I also always enter the contest to Win one of the Petty cars!

southkogs

Staff member
Sam, you don't want to sell that car right away, Jeff Gordon's give away cars are now going for over a half million dollars and a signed Jimmie Johnson car went over the blocks at Mecum for just about 3/4 of a million dollars after he won his 7th last year, you are getting the last car his foundation will be giving away while he is still an active driver. You will have a nice piece of money in the bank with that car and it will do nothing but go up in value and you will still be able to drive it. It is already a great piece of history and it will do nothing but grow in value and I bet if you listed it right after you got it, you would sell it very quick, but I don't recommend that!

I guarantee you that if JJ wins another championship this year making number 8 all of his foundation cars will be tipping a million dollars.

Lee Iaccoca's personal 1964.5 Mustang, just went for over 4.5 million and Carol Shelby's original Cobra is valued at over 15 million dollars now.

These types of cars are true dream cars.

Wow. Awesome advice.

Glad you've got a good plan brewing Sam. Regardless, you're gonna' have a good time with it for a while.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Once again MT comes through with some very solid advice. I will be honest I hadn't even thought of that aspect of it.
now that we know it's true value I will through in my Tin Jon boat with the VW.

Just kidding sounds like you got the plan figured out.

sam60

Captain
MT, as you know this is Jr's Appreci88te tour I'm going to ask him to write that above his sig on the right visor.

Avenger, It better be at least 14' with 10 HP.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
MT, as you know this is Jr's Appreci88te tour I'm going to ask him to write that above his sig on the right visor.

Avenger, It better be at least 14' with 10 HP.

yep, sure is, well it will be. give me a minute to stretch it a couple feet.....
10 HP huh? how strong are your arms? if you row fast it is equivalent to 10 HP LOL

I think I may be out of the running congrats Aspeck.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sam,

One other thing you need to make sure they give you when the hand the keys over is a letter certifying it is his Jr's Appreci88te foundation car and don't be weird about it or anything, just let them know you would like to have the letter so you can keep it with the car in case you put it in a show or something of that nature, but that little letter can make a big difference if you do decide to sell it in the future. With 7 $25 ticket purchases, you have received a great collectable and it is an unique collectable as you will be able to enjoy it as well as own it, something in the collectors market that is not the norm. JR is one of that group that has won races, although unfortunately never a Champion ship, but is still a well liked driver and at the forefront when people think of Nascar.

Go have fun with it and make sure to take care of it and it will be a moment in your life you will never duplicate. I remember when I just had lunch with his Dad and to this day that is a very special moment in my life. All I got was a sign Dale Letterman Jacket! But I did get to spend about an hour with one of the greats in this sport.

aspeck

Staff member
You know Art, I would seriously consider your offer if it was fire engine red but I don't think the color fits you. Just looking out for you bud.

It goes to the body shop on Monday, I can have him do a total paint in fire engine red ... ;) This $2500 Grand Am is going to get expensive, but for a friend it is worth it!:D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
No Title

No, no, you want victory red! You want to make sure it is a GM color!

Not my truck, but the exact same one I own, in Victory Red!

Attachments

• photo278574.jpg
    photo278574.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 0

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It's going to be interesting insuring this thing. I wonder what the best thing to do is.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's going to be interesting insuring this thing. I wonder what the best thing to do is.

Not the Good Hands people. For the historic or collectable value it will take a Hagerty or Grundy - Some one like that.

sam60

Captain

Not to mention the transport fee, storage fee and other yet unknowns. This is blessing to us but this has been the most stressful week of my life. I'm not in a position to shell out a ton of money to keep it for long without hitting retirement accounts and being taxed and penalized. Wishful thinking.

Reconsidering my "plan".

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Not to mention the transport fee, storage fee and other yet unknowns. This is blessing to us but this has been the most stressful week of my life. I'm not in a position to shell out a ton of money to keep it for long without hitting retirement accounts and being taxed and penalized. Wishful thinking.

Reconsidering my "plan".

Sam, you now have a rolling retirement account, when the time is right you will know what to do.

64osby

Admiral
Sam, Keep the Vette, use the $31k to remodel the kitchen. :D:eek:

Everyone is happy, except for maybe your ole' Uncle Sam.:faint2:

Start a 501-c3, accept this as a gift to the "foundation".

Maybe call it the iboats need for speed foundation. iboats members that contribute to your foundation would have the opportunity to test drive.:cool:

Awesome that you won!!!

sam60

Captain
I'm going to see what the boss man will give me for it if he pays all the costs, transport and insure it. I'd be happier to have the fun in Mooresville for a couple of days with my older brother and walk away with a nice unexpected check. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
The car guy in Charlotte said he would give 90 but he needs to up that by 25%.