Dale Jr Foundation.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Im not even going there about the wife thing, hence why im single,lol.Tell her even if yo sell it for a 1000 percent profit thats still not a lot!To be totally honest if they offered a cash deal instead of the car i would seriously consider it , it would go a long way to pay off bills and leave enough for a nice truck.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Guys, thanks for all of the congrats & trade offers! :laugh: I still don't know when I fly to Charlotte to meet Dale & get the keys but as more time passes, my mind is starting to wander a bit....driving it to work Fridays, a drive through Red Rock, out to Lake Mead, Etc.

Then my wife pops into my head to remind me that we don't owe much on the house & should pay it off and have plenty to do kitchen and bath remodels.:facepalm:

Ur listening to the wrong side of your brain. Listen to the left that's having u drive the car everywhere, or is it the right?:car:​ You can ask for forgiveness later.... :laugh:

aspeck

Staff member
Guys, thanks for all of the congrats & trade offers! :laugh: I still don't know when I fly to Charlotte to meet Dale & get the keys but as more time passes, my mind is starting to wander a bit....driving it to work Fridays, a drive through Red Rock, out to Lake Mead, Etc.

Then my wife pops into my head to remind me that we don't owe much on the house & should pay it off and have plenty to do kitchen and bath remodels.:facepalm:

I will even drive the Grand Am to Charlotte to meet you and drive the Vette home and you can drive the GA home ...

boatman37

Lieutenant
Congrats!

In 2007 we won a 2007 BMW M3 but my wife had a 2006 Jeep Commander that we bought new and with 4 kids we needed the bigger vehicle and 3 weeks before winning the BMW I bought a new 2007 Ram so I didn't need it. I think the car stickered around $37k but the cash value was $32k. They took $9016 right off the top for taxes so I got a check for about $23k. We had our kitchen redone with granite and all new stainless appliances with it. Don't regret it at all.

sam60

Captain
I will even drive the Grand Am to Charlotte to meet you and drive the Vette home and you can drive the GA home ...

Art, does that come with a full tank of gas and a fresh oil change?

sam60

Captain
Congrats!

In 2007 we won a 2007 BMW M3 but my wife had a 2006 Jeep Commander that we bought new and with 4 kids we needed the bigger vehicle and 3 weeks before winning the BMW I bought a new 2007 Ram so I didn't need it. I think the car stickered around $37k but the cash value was $32k. They took $9016 right off the top for taxes so I got a check for about $23k. We had our kitchen redone with granite and all new stainless appliances with it. Don't regret it at all.

Yep, granite and stainless appliances are high on her list. I don't have the chickens home yet because they haven't hatched.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yep, granite and stainless appliances are high on her list. I don't have the chickens home yet because they haven't hatched.

That's good, Sam. Just dream until you have a clutch of peeps.

aspeck

Staff member
Art, does that come with a full tank of gas and a fresh oil change?

Absolutely ... and the brake job Inam doing next week ... I will even throw on a new set of tires if you would like.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
LOL Sam I was starting to think you were coming to your senses. Drive that beauty once or twice a week on nice days. Wash and wax it in your garage on crappy days.

than you went and mentioned selling and doing house stuff? WTF? Promise your wife the next car you win you will absolutely do that....

than you went right off the deep end and accepted a trade of a GRAND AM? who the heck wants one of those? even Aspeck's daughter doesn't want that. LOL

seriously sounds like you have some options (all trades aside) it would be nice to put money in the house and it would be fun to drive around in the vette.

Funny I took an '02 out for a spin the other day. in the next few months I am thinking either a car or a boat for a new toy. so far the boat is winning but that car was fun to drive.

if nothing else at least you get to go there and meet Dale and get the keys. take lots of pics while picking it up.

sam60

Captain
I made a promise to myself. When this is all said and done and the dust has settled, I am going to rent one locally for a day and force my wife to cruise around with me. Then we will get back in my 4 cylinder Malibu and drive home while I make Corvette rev limiter sounds all the way...That will learn her! :D

aspeck

Staff member
I thought you were getting back in your Grand Am ... LOL!

You know I am just messing with you ... very happy for you, whatever decision you make ... happy wife ... happy life!

sam60

Captain
I thought you were getting back in your Grand Am ... LOL!

You know I am just messing with you ... very happy for you, whatever decision you make ... happy wife ... happy life!

You know Art, I would seriously consider your offer if it was fire engine red but I don't think the color fits you. Just looking out for you bud.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nuts to Art........ I'll give u a 2015 Chrysler 200 S, the hot rod of the 200s. A nice bight blue, AWD. GA can attest that yellow is my favorite color in hotrods!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nuts to Art........ I'll give u a 2015 Chrysler 200 S, the hot rod of the 200s. A nice bight blue, AWD. GA can attest that yellow is my favorite color in hotrods!

A blue MB-Fiat for a bright yellow Vette. Sounds like a fair trade! :rolleyes: LOL

sam60

Captain
The worst trade I ever made was a nice Suzuki Samurai for a nice 64 Corvair. I have since bought an old diesel pusher and want that other little dangerous rig back. The Ralph Nader ride was fire engine red...LOL.

Another thing that started penetrating my mind is a small tin craft with an outboard to spend some quality time with Grandkids. A cabin cruiser never again.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Cant believe all your iboat friends are trying to foist their junk cars off on you! WOW ,ON IBOATS OF ALL PLACES!!!!! Well i will up the ante big time and trade you a classic 76 ss160 just rebuilt with a 2011 60 hp evinrude etec,NOW thats an iboats offer!:D:D:D

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
Cant believe all your iboat friends are trying to foist their junk cars off on you! WOW ,ON IBOATS OF ALL PLACES!!!!! Well i will up the ante big time and trade you a classic 76 ss160 just rebuilt with a 2011 60 hp evinrude etec,NOW thats an iboats offer!:D:D:D

The offers are getting better! :eek: