I Didn't Pay My Bill . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
Web site hosting bill that is. . .

As many of you may know, I have my own web site where I document my experiences on the boats that I had over the years. I also get email from the site.

A few days ago, I started noticing that the email was no longer working and some of my picture links were not working either. It has been a long time since I logged into my web hosting provider, and when I did, I found that the account had been 'Suspended' because they had not received the annual renewal payment.

I then found that the credit card on file for auto-renewal had expired. Easy fix, right ? Well, no the hosting provider is merging with another company and everything is in a state of flux. So, I was not able to enter a new credit card number and re-activate the web site.

After several day of back and forth with customer support, I finally was able to get things resolved. However, as I looked through all of the announcements on the provider home page, I may still need to transfer the hosting as part of their merger process. Not sure how that is going to work out, but hopefully things be OK.

I guess nothing stays in place forever . . .

aspeck

Staff member
I got stuck in a dilemma like that several years ago. Took be a month to get it sorted out and back up and running. I had to jump through so many hoops. What made mine worse was the guy who set it up was killed in an auto accident. So he had the master passwords, etc. I just about had to give up my first, second, and third born to get it rectified. And yes, they were also in the middle of a transition. It was not a fun month. I feel your pain!

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
We went thru about the same with Verizon 6 years ago. The wife flew out of state and I called to request a national plan to avoid roaming charges. The next bill had $600 dollars worth of roaming charges. The dip I talked to only added 100 roaming minutes. After much discussion on the phone and with the local store we were finally told we would have to just pay the bill. All this occurred when Verizon was taking over Alltel which we were customers of. I told them it wouldn't be paid and I changed carriers. 6 years later I still get calls from collection companies over it and I keep telling them after 6 years do you really believe I'll pay it.
Mike

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My wife owns hosting company and should be able to help out if you need it.