Nascar - Dover, The First Cut.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Dover hosts the 3rd Cup playoff race and at the end of the day, 4 drivers will be out of the playoffs. The bottom 4 in points are ADillon, Busch41, Newman and Kahne. A win by any one of them will give then a pass to the next stage as Truex and The Twerp have by winning in the 1st 2 races. Stenhouse is on the bubble, tied with Dillon, but he has the tie-breaker with 2 wins to Dillon's 1 win.

X-Men are at Dover and Trucks are at Las Vegas for their 2nd playoff race. The MRN Dover and lost Wages schedules;
po3.PNG

lvpo2.PNG

The Cup race has a full field with 40 entries and the weather looks good for the weekend.

News and Notes
  • The only Cup penalty at New Hampshire was loose lugnuts on the #14 - Bowyer.
  • There was one other penalty for Logano. His car took 4 tries to get pre-qualifying inspection and he had to sit in his car for 55 minutes, an entire practice session. Nascar says that was the first time it's happened and they are looking into it, whatever that means.
  • TV ratings - 1.4/2.3M viewers, last year was 1.6/2.7M. 2015 was 1.9/3.2M viewers and 2014 was 2.3/3.8M viewers.
  • Does it seem like the new playoff system is dull? Truex is a virtual lock to make the final at Homestead and it's been like that for quite a few races. All these extra points for heat wins and the like has killed the excitement in my opinion.

iBoats Fantasy Live

justkiddin 5 won his 5th iFL slurpee11.pngCongrats! sportsman 3 is keeping the overall lead.
The race is earlier this week aftger a few late starts. Get your picks in before 1PM Eastern. Good luck.​

Humpty_Boater, Esq.
Higher ratings than Monster - No Phantom Debris Cautions[SUP]TM[/SUP]

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying has Truex and The Twerp on the front row, followed by Larson, Kenseth, Suarez, Hamlin, Junior, Newman, Harvick, Jones, Blaney and Elliott. All but 2 of 12 are playoffers.

Bubba Wallace is looking for sponsors for his Cup ride at Petty next year. He put this up on Youtube;

Then there is this hilarious video;

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...176114201.html

It may be working. Dominos tweeted for him to contact them.

GA_Boater

Blaney won the X-Race at Dover. No Buschwhackers were involved.

Truck are starting in Vegas in about 2 hours.

GA_Boater

A little puddle jumper. LOL

After today, 4 are dropped from the playoffs. Truex and The Twerp are in the next round from their wins in the last two races.

Green flag coming up.

aspeck

Staff member
And I am too late to make changes or pick a winner or car ... grrrr ... what a week!

GA_Boater

Green flag - Too late 'speck. This ain't your week. :blue:

aspeck

Staff member
It has been a CRAZY 4 weeks in a row ... I need a break, and for vacation we are set for a layover in San Juan ... yeah right ... not sure that is happening and rerouting doesn't seem to be an option.

GA_Boater

A layover in San Juan is just another chance to pitch in with no R & R for you.

GA_Boater

Red flag for sand cleanup after JEarnhardt hits the barrels on the pit road entrance. Another big crowd watching the clean up!

Only 5 on the lead lap cuz green flag stops were underway. Before the #33 started sand bagging, less than 20 cars on the lead lap and no cautions.

DLEvkSqVYAAG0S6.jpg

GA_Boater

On the restart, The Twerp leads and 28 on the lead lap.

Kenseth restarted at the back for speeding on pit road.

GA_Boater

2nd real yellow for Sorenson blowing up and dropping oil.

GA_Boater

Elliott held the lead until the lap 399 when The Twerp caught him and took the win. The #24 was so close!

Newman, ADillon, Kahne and Busch41 are cut from the playoffs.

96SprintBBB97Johnson is the Dover winner pending final inspections.

64osby

Admiral
Would have loved to see Chase hang on for the win. He has been so close.

Was hammered in the league, Even had KB for the win. Tough picking.

sam60

Captain
Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman had words on pit road after the race...lol. https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-newman-exchange-words-dover-finish-playoffs/

On another note, I had Earnhardt, Truex, Blaney, Bowyer, and Keso for my picks. Seems like a dream team except for Jr. He finally has a good day and Blaney drops the ball. I think I finished about 20th or so...ugh...I just can't win in this thing

I met Ryan and he is only about 5'-9" but thick and stocky. The video of him and Jeff talking makes Jeff look pretty small. Not that there's anything wrong with that.