Found out the deer around here are just as interested in my dinner as I am in them!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Spies I tell ya, we have spies in the neighborhood! was eating dinner tonight and had that weird feeling we were being watched! So I get up and look around and sure enough, found these guys looking in the window to see what we were eating!

If they are hanging around looking through my dining room window this time next month, they won't have to wonder, I will be having them for dinner!

:eek:

:lol:

Attachments

• photo277907.jpg
    photo277907.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo277908.jpg
    photo277908.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 0

aspeck

Staff member
I'd be fearing for my life ... might have to go into self defense mode! LOL!

southkogs

Staff member
Had some friends who had the deer do the same thing ... so funny to see. Like they were casing the place :D

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
beautiful pics. I get them on my property but never that close to the house.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They have that evil gleam in their eyes like the giant ants and grasshoppers in an old movie I saw. Take no chances and protect yourself and the homestead, MT.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
isn't it bow season by you guys? Our's opened last weekend.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
isn't it bow season by you guys? Our's opened last weekend.

Yes it is, unfortunately, I spent some time this summer trying to shoot my bow, didn't work out well, just can't do it anymore, to much back damage over the years to feel comfortable trying to take an animal with one these days.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yes it is, unfortunately, I spent some time this summer trying to shoot my bow, didn't work out well, just can't do it anymore, to much back damage over the years to feel comfortable trying to take an animal with one these days.
Crossbow time!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Pull the 45 ACP and just claim self defense ;)

This time of year, the .45 is one of my normal daily things, we have a lot of bears up here right now trying to get fat on anything they can get their lips on!

southkogs

Staff member
Oldie, but a goodie:

Montana Grizzly Bear Notice:
In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Montana Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in the field. We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle the bears that aren't expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
that stinks about the back. they just started letting us use crossbow up here during bow season. not sure I agree with it but, I don't make the rules.

hopefully they will still be around in a few more weeks LOL

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm disabled and can't use a regular bow. Fortunately, Florida allows disabled folks to hunt with a crossbow here.

I did that several years ago with a crossbow but haven't been able to hunt for the last couple years and sold all my gear. I sure do wish that I could get out there again.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
yep, we have allowed disabled hunters to use crossbow for many years in WI. that has never been an issue.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
that stinks about the back. they just started letting us use crossbow up here during bow season. not sure I agree with it but, I don't make the rules.

hopefully they will still be around in a few more weeks LOL

They have been hanging around since spring, one of them was sleeping in the front yard yesterday afternoon when I went to town to pick up some parts, then another one showed up when I came home, was an even bigger 3x3, so there are quite a few of them hanging around this year.