Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

daily music fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redneck joe
    started a topic daily music fix

daily music fix

On my other forum we have some liveaboards and she started a thread called 'liveaboards have no vinyl' because of course no space so we all post up our music vids.

I'm into all sorts of music, do not categorically dislike anything. Grew up with folk music (i'll put up some of dads work from the 50's and 60's sometime), lean pretty heavy to country, classic rock, and island music that was ingrained by listening to Jimmy for as long as I can remember (Coconut Telegraph is my fav)

only one rule - if you start to watch a vid, you must watch the whole thing. No skipping; need to learn to appreciate all kinds of music and skipping will not get you there..

ok two rules; please use the insert video link (kinda not just the like doing pics its right next to that one) instead of just the link.

Grew up on Hee Haw every weekend at the grandparents so we'll start his thing right by combining a couple 70's classics...

• gm280
    replied
    Originally posted by sphelps View Post
    Autotune and rap I guess .. I guess us old geazers are like our fathers now and don’t appreciate the music of the day . LOL !
    Yes, we did morph into our parents in some respects. However, my grand-kids actually prefer our old music and refuse to listen to "today's" music, if you can call it music. They accidentally heard some of the 60's, 70's and 80's music and liked it so much they tuned their radios to that type now. I guess REAL musicians playing and singing real music has more appeal to them. Who knows...

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied

Leave a comment:

• southkogs
    replied
    ^^^ Just saw that.

Good rest Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• redneck joe
    replied
    well, we lost Charlie Daniels.

If you only know of Devil Went Down to Georgia from him, I suggest listening to the entire album Millionth Mile Reflections, especially if you like blues music.

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied
    Autotune and rap I guess .. I guess us old geazers are like our fathers now and don’t appreciate the music of the day . LOL !

Leave a comment:

• Watermann
    replied
    Back in time a little .
    The rockers of that era are all dying off and we're left with what?

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied
    Back in time a little .

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied
    Enjoy !!!

Leave a comment:

• redneck joe
    replied
    Didn't hear about LR...

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied
    RIP Little Richard ...

Leave a comment:

• dwco5051
    replied

I was 5 when this was recorded .. I dont know if it makes me feel young or old ...
    I was 29 but there are a lotta of things from the 1960's I don't remember at all.

Leave a comment:

• sphelps
    replied

I was 5 when this was recorded .. I dont know if it makes me feel young or old ...

Leave a comment:

• redneck joe
    replied
    good morning

Leave a comment:

• racerone
    replied
    A fellow by name of -----Randy Rainbow----Has a good song on #1 with his injecting of disinfectant.------Great stuff.---Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X