daily music fix

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
On my other forum we have some liveaboards and she started a thread called 'liveaboards have no vinyl' because of course no space so we all post up our music vids.

I'm into all sorts of music, do not categorically dislike anything. Grew up with folk music (i'll put up some of dads work from the 50's and 60's sometime), lean pretty heavy to country, classic rock, and island music that was ingrained by listening to Jimmy for as long as I can remember (Coconut Telegraph is my fav)

only one rule - if you start to watch a vid, you must watch the whole thing. No skipping; need to learn to appreciate all kinds of music and skipping will not get you there..

ok two rules; please use the insert video link (kinda not just the like doing pics its right next to that one) instead of just the link.

Grew up on Hee Haw every weekend at the grandparents so we'll start his thing right by combining a couple 70's classics...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
And don't tell anyone else, but sometimes a good cry starts your day very well, thinking of those you love that are not with us and knowing they are ok where they are and who they are with.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I too enjoy MOST music. I will say I absolutely don't like rap or any foul language songs though.

I have built a great sod system in my shop to listen to music every time I'm in there. And even use my Sansa E280 with headphones when doing things outdoors. I love music.

aspeck

Staff member
I used to love all styles of music, but the older I get the more my ears mellow. Loved the Roy Clark and Foggy Mountain Breakdown videos.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Everybody is different,i cant abide country,any of todays pop music,and rap.Like classic rock,jazz,blues,alt adult,even heavy metal.Idont have a very expensive system as to replace would only be around 10,000.I certainly didn't pay that much.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have music in my veins. The son of a PhD in music education and performance, I have a little different ear than most.

I grew up in the Washington DC with its deep and highly diverse music scene. On any given night, you had access to every genre from the National Symphony Orchestra to Bluegrass to Punk Rock. I watched bluegrass become mainstream. I was there when hardcore Punk and New Wave emerged from the shadows of the 9:30 Club and the dungeons of Beneath it All into a national phenom. Recent concerts include Nil Lofgren and Hot Tuna. I have tickets to see Bush at the Fillmore East on December 30.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I too enjoy MOST music. I will say I absolutely don't like rap or any foul language songs though.

I agree 98% of the time, wife likes way more of it and agree on all the negative verbiage in a good portion of them. However.... mashups are best imo.

the have to listen rule is fully in force should you start the song, and must listen to the words. Oh and on this one, like the foggy mountain, watch who shows up in the vid

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
another one. I saw Roberta in Portland in the 70's with my mom. We had a 'date' when I was about 6.

dwco5051

Commander
and if this doesn't go well with morning coffee not sure what does...

Haven't seen that video for a year or two. Ironic that it was last night at the group I play with once a week when I learned that Leon Russel passed on Sunday. For those that don't know of his work he was playing organ in that number and was a true musical genius.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I just have one of the many iheart radio custom stations playing in the background.

a friend of mine that spent years as a liveaboard made a copy of my buddies MP3 library (its about 2TB) and plays that

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
And now for something completely different! :D

(Click on CC for English subtitles)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I love all types of music ! I'm not much on rap or I guess you would call it country pop .. Give me anything with some good horns and I'm there ..
Classical ,soul , Blues ,classic rock, hard rock , I even love listening to Funk .. But the roots are southern rock and if I post this right I will start with something from my home town boys ... I have to kick back and close my eyes and crank it up a bit ... One of my favorite LS tunes ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raVM...tKRk2&index=10
Sorry RJ not sure how to post it the way you want ... Leave it to me to break the rules ..:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Piece of cake! LOL

Click the Insert Video to the left of Quote in Advanced Editor and paste the URL, an example URL is in the insert box, of the Youtube vid and click OK. You guys had it except you used Link instead of Insert Video.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Actually, I copy and pasted from youtube. Never do anything with Advanced Editor.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think I got it. I want this played at my funeral.....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
dingbat last time I like hot tuna was a dish gramma made with pimentos over toasted English muffins. Nice stuff and of course MN NPR is one of my top five to live stream. WPLN Nashville first, the one in STL can't remember letters and when i'm deep south MPB that covers all of MS on various channels. Nice to have the same thing on the whole state and WBHM for Birmingham has wide coverage then there is this English dude on the Chattanooga NPR that has a great midday music show.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I love all types of music ! I'm not much on rap or I guess you would call it country pop .. Give me anything with some good horns and I'm there ..
Classical ,soul , Blues ,classic rock, hard rock , I even love listening to Funk .. But the roots are southern rock and if I post this right I will start with something from my home town boys ... I have to kick back and close my eyes and crank it up a bit ... One of my favorite LS tunes ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raVM...tKRk2&index=10
Sorry RJ not sure how to post it the way you want ... Leave it to me to break the rules ..:facepalm:

how about red dirt rock? One of these guys used to work for me out of Jeff City Mo.. this is the funny song, may want to watch your surroundings. I'll see if I can't find some of the rockin stuff...