Fair winds to old friends!

southkogs

Staff member
Today is DonS's birthday. Don's practically a legend on these forums, and a friend many of us recall. Last year I think I did this on the anniversary of his passing, but this year we'll do it on his birthday:

Take a few moments, remember some of the good friends who have gone ahead of us. Raise a glass a glass to their memory and carry on the spirit they infused into this community. Here's to 'em!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Not a day goes by that I don't think of Don at some point,....

Usually when I reach for a bottle of Perfect Seal, or when a problem baffles me,....

Tnstratofam

Commander
DonS, Frank Acampora, JB to name a few. Their wisdom is missed, but their spirit lives on.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Fair Winds and following seas..........

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Wherever Don is I am sure he is giving expert advice to fellow boaters.

angus63

Captain
Wisdom and memories of the ancient mariners are perpetual and priceless.

southkogs

Staff member
Resurrecting this old post on DonS' birthday.

Lots of good friends and wise sailors to remember out there. Here's to the guys that helped all of us.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Too many good people :(

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
As someone who joined this site after their passing, I appreciate the work they put into helping others. The information in the stickies and archives of this site is invaluable to new boaters who take the time to read it. They sure have left a legacy behind.

Beyond that, it seems to have had a domino effect. They seem to live on in this forum through each of the seasoned veterans on this site. You all take the time to help people in need and have saved people hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars with your suggestions. You may get some flack for being short, sarcastic, or a grumpy old guy who plays with boats, but for me, I am doing things on my boat that I wouldn't have dreamed about 5 years ago. I have all of you to thank for this and I have gathered that Don had a lot to do with this so a big posthumous thank you and RIP from me.