Any Bowhunters here?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Not me but I know a few guys that do ..
The last time I tried to hit a target with bow and arrow I nearly put one in my bosses dump truck tire ! :eek: :lol:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I use too about a decade or so ago, but haven't touched a bow since. I was pretty good with a bow. A lot better then I would have ever thought. I do have one RODBINHOOD to prove it to. And it was a called shot also. The guy's arrow that I shot into wasn't too happy though...

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I use a crossbow. I tried a regular bow for a couple of years, I never could get the hang of it.
So I took the easy way out.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I love bowhunting here in Minnesota before it gets cold, have the woods to yourself. The venison is excellent too.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I started Bowhunting back in 1995, and have not picked up a rifle since then, my wife ended up being a world champion in her discipline and I ended up sponsored by an archery company, I was never as good as my wife, she is a dead shot, if we had women like her on the battle lines we would not need to fight wars, but I have participated for almost 20 years now, sitting here watching the deer running around in the yard tonight, reminds me of why I live it so much!

sublauxation

Lieutenant
10+ years ago there were 3 seasons in my year: fishing, bowhunting, archery tournaments. Since the kids came along it's now fishing and archery, my kids have no interest in hunting yet and land isn't as easy to come by as it used to be. I do miss late season bowhunting. I hate mornings but there's something special about being out there as the sun comes up over a fresh snow.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Sub, I didn't hunt for 10 years because I was too busy being a Dad. When I was done coaching youth football I bought a new bow as a retirement gift. You will have time again at some point.

SOG3

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I use a crossbow due to rotator cuff.I do love the way it shoots.Just got it out today to see if it was still good to go.Shot three 3 1/2 " dots @ 30 yds.,in the dot all three shots. Tried to post pics,but no go

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Yep, bow hunt here ... Teaching the soon to be 14 year old to shoot the bow also ... Looking forward to when she is proficient enough to go out also ...