Was I too mean

littlerayray

Lieutenant
A couple days ago I got fed up of putting my gf kids bikes away they leave em in the front yard. So with her permission, I hid them in the backyard . when they went to go get their bikes, they couldn't find them. I had them looking to the point where they were ready too call the police about 3 hrs. At least now, they bring their bikes too the backyard

WIMUSKY

Staff member
O'well, they're kids. They'll get over it....... :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They were in your backyard and not stolen. A good way to make a point.

angus63

Captain
My neighbor and good friend works second shift . When he used to come home at 1am and my kids bikes were out, he used to put them 20ft+ up in the trees. Told them raccoons and possums were trying to steal them. Love neighbors like that.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Hard to tell with some kids. They may have learned or now think you are the meanest person alive. You just never know...

littlerayray

Lieutenant
So with her permission, ??????????

Yeah she let's me do some disciplining they know when ray is around that crossing the line is not a good idea they get one warning and if they do it again then it's off to their room for at least fifteen minutes with me my gf has already noticed a difference in their behaviour

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I think you are a lot nicer than i am, they would still be looking for them if it was a repeat offense. Then i just might sell them the location of them after a long time of them looking.

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Admiral did as that to her daughter. This was before I met them. Daughter refused to pick up her used clothes and put into laundry hamper. So one day after repeated warnings, she picked them up put them in large black plastic bag. Stored them in the shed for a day or 2. Finally gave the clothes back.

Still wouldn't clean the room. Had a conversation along the lines of this(short version):
D: this is my room!
A: no it isn't its mine and I let you use it!

After repeated discussions, took the bedroom door off and threw it out. Daughter had no door for about 5yrs.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sounds like fair punishment to me. On a good note at least they go outside and ride bikes rather than sit like a lump in front of a handheld electronic device or TV. I rarely see kids outside much nowadays.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Oh yeah their always outside we got rid of cable and just have netflix their always out playing it's real nice to see and when it rains on the weekends they play board games do puzzles colour and do all kinds of activities

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Sounds a bit similar to what I did. I was working on the car, The kids borrows some tool's to fiddle with their bikes. Well I could not locate certain tool's, and the kid's needed to get to town. I said until them tool's are found, we can't go anywhere, the car is broken. (not really and I did spot the tool's in the lawn) They hunted for an hour or so and found them. After that the tool's were always where they were supposed to be!