Hello! from Portland, Oregon

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone, my name is Scott. I hope this is the correct place for my introduction. If it is not, I do apologize:facepalm:! I am new to the "big-boating" world. I am very excited to be able to join your forum. Normally I hide in the background and use the forum for information. Now I can join the team and maybe one day help others like you have done for me. Recently I purchased a 1980 Bellboy boat with my Father that we wish to restore back to life. We just picked the boat up on 08/02/15 for a great deal. Well here is a teaser picture, you will have to check out my build-thread for my information and full story.:D Thanks! - Scott

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
testing images...I guess I still have to wait to post images, since I am still so green?

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
One more post and you can put images up. Tutorial for you HERE.

Welcome aboard Scott.

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you Southkogs! I was anxously waiting for the account to become fully "active" great to know, I just had to go around and chat. :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well, I was born and raised in Vancouver, WA, most of my wife and my family live in Portland, good place to be from, but glad I live in Montana now. Anyway, look forward to seeing what you are working on and Welcome to the Forums, I am sure you will have a great time.

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks BG! Funny I have family that lives in Whitefish and Missoula.Where in Montana are you now? I would love to move there, the fish are supersized along with the Elk and Deer. Unfortunately I cannot be landlocked and I would miss Salmon and Steelhead fishing way too much. I have posted a few pictures of my project in the Boat restoration thread.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Landlocked? I am right between Missoula and Whitefish and have over a thousands lakes, rivers and reservoirs to play on every single weekend during the summer, in addition to the many rivers that feed the Columbia that have salmon and steelhead, then don't throw out the lake trout, we just caught one the other days that was 42 pounds, believe me, I am not landlocked, if I want to smell salt, I am less than 12 hours away. with that said, I do get the see the Big Elk, Big Deer, and the Big Moose in my yard most every day, so as I said, I love it, best of both worlds, I get to fish and I get to hunt!

Last edited:

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Landlocked?

Yes, you're right. But with the Ocean being less than a few hours, would kill me personally.:blue: The best part of Montana, the taxes and cost of living is so much cheaper than here in Oregon. Hopefully one of these days I can get the time to become lost up there for a week. The Madison, Clark, and Big hole are on my bucket list! We went up to Glacier and checked out Flathead lake. WOW! I thought Wyoming was the most beautiful state, but Montana is...just breathtaking. 42 lbs. Holy S! That must be a real kick in the pants.

Hello, RedneckJoe and Littlerayray nice to meet you two as well. Lake Oswego is very nice, great place to raise a family and to grow up. As well it always had the best looking girls when I was in school:D. I've posted some picture of the beginning of my restoration and build. Thanks for saying hi everyone.:tea:

nwcove

Admiral
welcome to the forum from east coast canada! a wealth of knowledge here, and great people.

aspeck

Staff member
Welcome, NAT1VE from the mid-Atlantic states. There is a great group here at iboats and you will get all kinds of information on your resto! Will be anxious to watch your progress.