Travelling and Visiting Our Northern Neighbor

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
As the Admiral and i relocated to the Pacific Northwest a year ago, we are running around and sightseeing our great country. Now we are less than 100 Miles from Victoria BC, and are wanting to go and sight see up north. So my question is, What should we expect? Is there anything that should be a MUST See? Does anyone have any recommendations as to where we might stay overnight, sights to look at, things to do on our first trip? Is there a better time of year to go or a time to stay away?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Take a look at the map shown here:
iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

PM anyone close to Victoria and ask them directly. I have met up w fellow boaters while on vacation in Florida (I was boatless but we got most of an afternoon cruise w one) and have asked for recommendations from several members close to where I plan to visit.

The meet and greets were GREAT and the recommendations were extremely helpful

Good luck and enjoy the trip

EDIT: perhaps I should have checked the map before posting...... :facepalm: 2 iboater's shown near Vancouver, but none shown in Victoria.... Hope you get a few suggestions.......

Last edited:

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
JB, we will probably wind up in Vancouver first after viewing the map also, equal distance basically for us. We are north of Seattle between Marysville and Stanwood.so we can easily go both places, seperate times of course.

Thanks for the MAP,i had forgotten about it.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
I have lived on Vancouver island and in Vancouver, now I live 5 hours north east in the Okanogan/Shuswap area.

What would you like to see? there is lots here to do, hotel or camp,? ocean, lakes rivers? big mountains, desserts, forest?

There are great circle routes you can do out of Seattle into BC and back into Washington state.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Last time we went to Canada when we lived in WA, we drove to Port Angels and then took the ferry over to the island, stayed in a little place named Sidney and then ventured out from there to visit Victoria and Vancouver, we stayed a week, it was quite a nice trip.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
I spent a month on the big island in 2012.Idont know where to start, theres so much to see and do.The waterfront in Victoria,Cragdaddich castle(sp) .If you go up the east coast theres Chemunis (sp),Duncan etc.If I had of gone there 40 years ago I would of never left I loved it so much.