Just bought a vintage Maherajah model 2001 ski

Bawbe B

Cadet
The ski is circa 1985 fibreglass and grafite. I've gone through the entire company site, but they don't mention this particular model. Searching the web it looks as though it was made for a number of years. Anyone know more on the history of this ski, or where to look?
Excellent condition one owner ski. He said he bought it after going to a ski camp as a young man. Used it 4 or 5 times and then put it away in the bag. I'm going to ski it this weekend and then it's going on the wall. (on a mount, not screwed through)

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I remember going into an Oshman's sporting good store as a kid and seeing the Maha display and drooling over the fiberglass 360. At the time we skied behind my uncle's pickle fork racing boat on a 200 foot rope because of the rooster tail. We were not allowed to use his wood Maha. Those were the days!

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
@sickwilly sounds fun. at 200' almost need binoculars for skier to boat hand signals!

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That boat scared the crap out of me as a kid. It hit 132 MPH one time on the Colorado River, or so I was told.

Bawbe B

Cadet
Thanks for the links Skibrain. That's all the info I could find and they don't mention the 2001 model.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The wood skis are all the same from 70's to today. I assume they produced a glass version that was the same throughout the years with graphics changed occasionally. There was an all-yellow one in there to at some point. Take a photo of your ski and email it to Bob Maher and ask him. How did it ski for you?