any suggestions on a tow rope

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class
so i have been getting into skiing since buying my boat

now i am getting better and getting to the point where i can drop a ski and actually do a few carves after only about 3 seperate days of being able to get up on 2 which i feel pretty happy with

but anyways we have a fairly cheap body glove rope that i just bought from Canadian Tire and the handle is already falling apart
what is a good rope with a comfortable handle that will last
i was looking at the ones on here and dont really know what i am looking for

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: any suggestions on a tow rope

The ones I've got are Accurate brand - decent rope but not too expensive. Main thing is to find one that has a handle you like since there are straight, curved and a variety of grip types. If you have a Gander Mountain nearby they should have a decent selection since they are the same company as O vertons

oldjeep

Admiral

I did do a quick search for ski rope on iBoats, and I don't see anything that I'd buy. Kind of like the ski equipment that they carry, it is very basic Kmart type stuff. They are a better source for boat parts, covers, etc.

Myself I get a lot of stuff like that from
http://www.waterskis.com/Default.asp

But, they are only a few blocks away and I can just walk over to the store to pick stuff up.

Last edited:

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ended up getting a straight line 8 section sl rope and handle. Hopefully it helps. Still looking for a decent ski tho