Ski Tek pylon replacement parts (Baseplate, ball joints)

MrBrant

Recruit
Hi guys,

Anybody know where I might find replacement parts for the older "Ski Tek" style pylon?
If somebody has an old catalogue with part numbers, that would also help greatly.
I know there has to be some old stock SOMEWHERE, but I can't seem to find any part numbers except for a wing-nut kit -haha.

After a severely mis-timed dock start with the old boat, I need a new base plate and new ball joints. (Was able to find the pole at the bottom of the lake though!)

Thanks!

smallBoatIsSmall.png

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ski Tek pylon replacement parts (Baseplate, ball joints)

If this is the silver-painted steel pipe with hitch ball mounted in the center of your boat - like shown in the GT of your signature...? i long ago cut mine up and used it for other projects. it dominated the interior space of my 15' boat. Seems like a weld shop might be able to fabricate what you need easier than sourcing 30 yr old hardware. :)

MrBrant

Recruit
Re: Ski Tek pylon replacement parts (Baseplate, ball joints)

It's this style of ski pole:

ski pole.jpg

Not sure how long they were making this version. I believe it was Ski Tek Industries that were the manufacturer for many years.
I found a "wing nut kit" in a 2012 Kimpex catalog, but that was the last year they mentioned this style of pole.

I'd rather not spend $250 - $300 on a new pylon because of $30 in hardware :facepalm:

Edit: Attachment was scaled down. Here's a version that can actually be seen...

http://i.imgur.com/ip6okHY.png

Last edited: