What's inside the fiberglass exhaust

Brendel

Recruit
inside the Fiberglass exhaust.
Does anyone know what's inside a fiberglass exhaust on an inboard ski boat? Baffles? Suppressors? . I own a '93 Ski Brendella, restored it, new engine, half cooling system, water pump etc. I just had both manifolds and risers changed, yet the starboard exhaust side is running hot 160 plus degrees after about 20mns, which is at least 30 degrees more than the port side. There are no obstructions/clogs that I can find in any of the hoses etc. Problem started with a blown exhaust hose (3.5"), which I replaced. I am hearing a small rattle in the starboard fiberglass exhaust portion of the system and wondered if something could be loose inside and creating some back pressure or trapping gases and water. Very puzzling... Thanks in advance for your comments.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Some only have a baffle, some depending on the setup discharge from the top just have a tube in there. Yours from what I guess lays flat and has a baffle. Possibly before you changed the manifolds for what ever reason something got loose and fell in there, or the baffle came loose if it has one. I'm sure others will chime in soon. A pic or two of your setup helps us alot.

Brendel

Recruit
Thanks for the reply, I pulled both risers for giggles and grins, my plan was to run water from a garden hose straight down the exhaust rubber hose and compare flow from the rear of the boat to see and there's any visible difference that would point towards restrictions on the starboard side. Interestingly enough I discovered that the gasket pattern is reversed from starboard to port side. I understood (maybe erroneously that the tab on the gasket is supposed to face forward of the boat and the closed cell on the back, which if that's the case the starboard side would be mounted correctly (incidentally that's the one getting hot), whereas the port side is facing the other way. Either way something is not correct. Not to say that one of the baffles in the exhaust if there is one (it's a straight fiberglass piece) couldn't have come loose compounding the effect.
I appreciate your heads up.