which is bigger?

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/waukesha-96-sea-doo-speedster-jet-boat/7011891750.html

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/milwaukee-1997-sea-doo-speedster/7014908492.html

I couldn't find the actual measurements online (even one on CL says 15'). How are the speed/HP for each of the boats? Could someone tell me exact what model are these? IMO, topically, these boats are great for one person driving around, with additional seats as bonus. I remember driving one of these boats myself around on a small lake, while my BIL was doing water skiing on his other regular boat. Rather have this than skijets.

The '96 seems to have more room and seats 3 adults comfortably. I might go with this one than the '97?

The '97 seems to seat 4 adults comfortably. This '97 looks better for water skiing than the '96? And better stability?

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Engine Information:
Engine Displacement (cc) / Engine HP : 1436 cc / 220 hp

Is that for both engine combined? These boats have two 2-cylinders engines. Are those 2-stroke?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You can get any of the guides from the Sea-Doo site.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
They suck fuel like a drunken sailor..... They are inaured like a giant jet ski.

Single engine is 110hp, twins give you 220hp

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The telling thing is a 14.5' foot boat with a 27 gallon tank. They suck gas like a '49 Buick with a straight 8.

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Since never owning boats, but involving with them with water skiing and fishing, I just never pay attention to how much gas those use. I assume that having such fun with those toys doesn't make one worry about how gas is draining, unless it's everything thing?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
back in '99, I was all over buying a Sea Doo speedster. it uses fuel 3 times faster than an outboard or inboard because its only 1/3 as efficient as a motor with a prop. and when I looked into insuring it, it was basically viewed by the insurance as a $30k jet ski, about 5x the cost to insure compared to my I/O boat. I was actually on the way to the Sea Doo dealer when the insurance agent called. then I visited the dealer to see about 10 of them in the service bay with the motors being pulled to replace impellers and wear rings because unlike a prop, the jet drive needs a lot of maintenance. I canceled the sale and bought another hot rod and kept the old I/O for a few more years.

they are fun, however they are expensive fun in the relative boating world.