Looking for info on Ski Centurion Wave Comp boats

starviper10

Recruit
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this post, so please feel free to let me know if it would be better suited elsewhere. I recently stumbled upon an old ad for a Ski Centurion Wave Comp. It's a 16' straight inboard (either 4cyl or 5.0L V8 engine options). It's a cool looking boat, could probably drop a more modern, all aluminum EFI engine in there, and have economical boat, strictly used for skiing. I'm just curious if anyone here has ever owned one. I've got some questions.

I'm wondering what the intended market was. I'm guessing private ski lakes? Looks like it can only seat a few people, so probably not meant as a weekend lake boat.

What's the beam on it?

How much does it weigh?

Does it have a good wake for skiing?

What's the top speed? I'm guessing it's got to be mid to high 40's with the V8. Maybe it would be a decent boat for barefooting?

Was it used in tournaments?

There's not much info out there on it, at least that I could find. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo319387.jpg
    photo319387.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo319388.jpg
    photo319388.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo319389.jpg
    photo319389.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo319390.jpg
    photo319390.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I've only seen "old ads" as well. The actual boats seem to be rare and not very popular.

NADA has some info that lists them at 1800# 6'-9" beam. I remember a thread that said they were originally thought of as an entry level wakeboard boat but that seems contrary to current practice with seating for 17 and ballast tanks. Tracking might be adequate for slalom skiing. Many more Gekko GTS20 around if you want a low-priced smaller-than-normal inboard ski boat. I'd contact Centurion directly if you are actually serious about finding and buying one.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
And I believe there is a Centurion boat forum that may have owners, or some knowledge base.