Triumph 190 bay - suitable for slalom waterskiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art123

Recruit
Looking at a 2005 Triumph 190 bay with a 140 HP Suzuki for use on a lake primarily for skiing and cruising around. How does it handle slalom water skiing?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Welcome to iboats! That will more then enough power for skiing and yes the skier will be able to pull on the boat but there are factors involved. It will be fine for recreational skiing but I would hesitate using it for competing. There has to be a good driver and a good skier but, fun can be had and 140 HP will get just about anyone out of the water on one ski........a lot depends on experience. My deck boat is horrible at getting up on plane but will pull a skier.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
+1 on the above

only ski boats (inboards and designed for skiing) "handle" well while pulling a skier - but unless you're getting pretty serious about skiing, a boat like the one you're looking at should be fine

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
skied for years behind a 125 outboard - no issues but you will want to prop it down so you can reach max RPM on that boat. Most of the time the props that come with boats are not the correct ski prop. You might consider adding a ski pylon - I installed a tripod version in my last boat.

rayavidas

Recruit
I would love to go to that place to practice slalom water skiing. It must be an awesome experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.