Canada skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

garen123

Recruit
-Hello,
i will travel to Canada next month to travel. I have a question that where is the best place for shoot nice photos for water skiing in Canada so which are necessary?
Thank you

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Canada is a huge country. If you narrow it down to a city or Province you will probably get some replies..

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I spent a lot of time looking for a lake with a hill.----I wanted to go waterskiing.-------Not likely you will find a lot of bikini weather in Canada in February.-------I like Burntstick Lake in Alberta in summer.----Or any lake in Muskoka in August.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I smell a Troll, but...

If you want to Ski in Canada during the month of February, or March, for that matter, I would recommend Marmot Basin in Jasper National Park. Banff, Sunshine Village, or Lake Louise which are in Banff National Park. You would hard pressed to Waterski when the temps in those months can be in the -20 range or colder

A friend had a cottage at Burnstick, but that was 40 odd yrs ago. We did our Waterskiing at Calling Lake Alberta.

Robinfoster

Recruit
The sport became more widely known in Canada after an appearance of the Cypress Gardens skiers at the CANADIAN NATIONAL EXHIBITION waterfront shows in 1948. Water Ski Canada (formerly the Canadian Water Ski Association) was founded in 1949, and Canada's first national championship was held that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.